Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MD007
Newcomer I

Your new annual membership Fee is now $125! How do you feel about that?

I think this is disgusting.  I dont feel I got value for money when it was $85 now how do you justify $125?

Its extortionate. 

258 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

Sad to see you go Roman, hope you will stay on the Community and chat with us whether it be to complain or to share experiences or just have a chuckle.

Regards

d

Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

That is not the issue.  I understand the price increase.  My well documented issue with membership services is that I just paid my AMF 3 times as soon as the system came back up and I have proof I sent the money  and the system shows paid and then reverts the next day with not paid.  I have sent proof of all this and talked to member services live several times.  The AMF application is totally broken now,  I have been a paid ahead member for years.  I want to emphasize that I had a live person (several different persons from member services) try to correct this several times over this week.  Why was this rolled out before being thoroughly tested by a very rigorous testing regime to expose all potential flaws? 

Again, I talked to people live and the problem gets fixed and then goes back to showing my AMF is due, that is a strong indication of a  broken application.  I paid 3 times to correct this, and I am out $375 trying to get the system to work.  Why should that happen to any member?

I am making this statement after having contacted member services several times by voice and email and I after talking to people working the problem.  I provided evidence of receipts from he system, credit cards showing they paid (ISC)2 and the like. 

I have been a member since 2007 in good standing and paid ahead and now my record is messed up through NO fault of my own.  The old system for CPE and AMFs was fantastic; nothing good has come from new system except the ability to upload documentation with your CPE and automate audit responses, that was very smart but the rest of the changes are dysfunctional.

Our senior leadership of (ISC)2 needs to get involved now.

Respectfully,

Francis Mayer, CISSP

Respectfully,

Francis (Frank) Mayer, CISSP EMERITUS
Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

I don't have a problem with the new fee structure but the AMF system now is totally broke and requires too much of my time to try to pay the AMF only to have my credit card debited and the system to show paid one minute and not the next.

Respectfully,

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Frank_Mayer 

Do you get the big red "account suspended" warning like the one in the screenshot in the first post from the thread below?

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/Erroneous-Member-Profile-Warning/td-p/24627

I was paid ahead too and seem to be having similar problems - I wonder if being paid ahead is the key?

Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

I just get the warning that it is due one minute and then I call membership service live, they correct it and then the next day it goes back to being broke again.  It is pretty sad that an organization that certifies people in secure software development, rolls out such a broken application when the old application was working superbly without any problems for over a decade.

Respectfully,

dcontesti
Community Champion

@Frank_Mayer wrote:

I don't have a problem with the new fee structure but the AMF system now is totally broke and requires too much of my time to try to pay the AMF only to have my credit card debited and the system to show paid one minute and not the next.

@amandavanceISC2 (sorry to keep bothering you), would / could you escalate to someone who can help?????

Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

I have talked directly via telephone to member services it gets fixed on minute and broken the next.  I have e-mails from member services acknowledging the problem.  The problem is the new application does not work smoothly and reliably like the old application did.  We as a world need to stop changing things that are not broken.  Just do the boring maintenance and that is good enough.  We need to treat software and application as a commodity and need to stop glorifying change for the sake of change.  There is no reason we don't treat software like other infrastructure with a focus on maintenance.

Respectfully,

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I'm sure they're aware, but would be good to get some confirmation of that!

Seems there was a spate of endorsement applications that were approved yesterday, and other ISC2 related forums are full of newly endorsed people complaining they can't become members as they're now required to pay upfront before their membership can start... but the AMF portal doesn't work!

denbesten
Community Champion

@Frank_Mayer wrote:

I have sent proof of all this and talked to member services live several times.  ...  I talked to people live and the problem gets fixed and then goes back to showing my AMF is due.

FWIW, My account does show as paid through the end of my certification cycle (in 2022), and has remained that way with no intervention.

I do appreciate your vivid reminder as to why one should keep payment records.  Like you, I personally have receipts for every penny I have ever given (ISC)², which I hope to never need.  

Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

It is not working for me and I have been a member since 2007.  What a shame for our new members!  We need (ISC)2 senior leaders that are focused on providing a portal, payment system and CPE tracking that is robust, fast, accurate and easy to do business when maintaining your membership.  How can a world class organization that is supposed to be teh best in software assurance have these kinds of application problems?

Respectfully,