Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MD007
Newcomer I

Your new annual membership Fee is now $125! How do you feel about that?

I think this is disgusting.  I dont feel I got value for money when it was $85 now how do you justify $125?

Its extortionate. 

258 Replies
AMF_incredulous
Newcomer I

Greetings Colleagues,

Today is my last day of being an "official" CISSP, as I am leaving my membership lapse. After being a member for 10 years and attending most annual conferences and many regional summits, I was appalled at the size of the AMF fee change. 47% represented a money grab, and as such my decision is to leave the organization rather than pay for the unrealistic increase. I would have gladly paid 25% extra or something similar, and quite possibly the 47% increase, if the fee process was transparent and communicated to us in a suitable manner. The lack of notification was startling, and sent out a warning message to many of us.

I am not quite sure what is currently happening at the top level of the organization to allow this pricing structure shambles to proceed, but it certainly does not pass the smell test.

Best of luck to all of you and keep fighting the good fight.

Adieu.

cybermentor
Newcomer II

I did the same. Member since 2007. Goodbye.Roman Z
Shannon
Community Champion

@AMF_incredulousand @cybermentor, sorry to see that you will be leaving; I'm assuming (ISC)2 anticipated this when they decided on the hike.

Like others said here, the new AMF policy will appeal to those who've taken multiple certifications and be acceptable to those whose employers pay the AMFs --- which isn't the case for all of us...  Man Frustrated

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
dcontesti
Community Champion

So I was hit with a $770 bill to keep my certs active.  Had to decide which to eliminate.  Sad really, I might have been able to afford half but $770 US is over a $1000 Canadian.

Truly sorry to see folks leaving.

dcontesti
Community Champion

@dcontesti wrote:

So I was hit with a $770 bill to keep my certs active.  Had to decide which to eliminate.  Sad really, I might have been able to afford half but $770 US is over a $1000 Canadian.

Truly sorry to see folks leaving.

I have to apologize for this one.....the bill I got was for $570 not the 770 .....but still @40 percent on the dollar cost to $1000 Cdn.  In my case I carry five certification from (ISC)2 so the $125 would be a god sent, had they not forced the "catch up" year.  

Sorry about that one.

d

dcontesti
Community Champion

And just an FYI, as of this morning, I am also locked out the the member pages as I let my CSSLP certification lapse.

I paid for my CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP and SSCP back in March, 

Sad to say that I chose to let the CSSLP go as I was one of the people that helped create it, but I had to look at the certifications that bring me value and at present it does very little for me.

So we will wait until the maintenance is complete and see if I get my access back or not........

Regards 

d

denbesten
Community Champion

FWIW, I am able to login and no longer receive the "under maintenance" alert, so I believe we have already reached the "maintenance is complete" phase.

Browsing around a bit, I encounter no errors.  However, that is not surprising to me because I am the most typical case (1 cert, pre-paid, current CPEs, etc).  My guess is that you are suffering from the fact that border cases are often less thoroughly tested.

So, yes, your case does warrant being raised to @amandavanceISC2's attention.

Shannon
Community Champion

@dcontesti, the sudden AMF hike hit most cert holders like a hurricane, in comparison to which that error was a gust of wind --- so rest assured, the impact is negligible... Man Wink

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
rslade
Influencer II

> dcontesti (Community Champion) posted a new reply in Member Support

>   So we will wait
> until the maintenance is complete and see if I get my access back or not........

Well, along with Alex and myself, it does seem to confirm that dropping a/the cert doesn't get you kicked off the "community" ...

Other posts: https://community.isc2.org/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/1324864413

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
cybermentor
Newcomer II

I don't want to pay for unneeded "benefits" that were added without even asking the community. I am sure the ISC2 management wanted to get more compensation.Perhaps, it was not ssf spelled out.I was a member since 2007.I just quit starting July 1st.With my experience. I don't care about those letters CI... what?Roman Z