cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agroll
Newcomer I

CPE Portal

PLEASE, PLEASE fix the CPE portal!

Or put it back to the way it was before it got redone. 

This is really unworthy what everyone believes the value of the certifications are. 

13 Replies
daveheck
Viewer II

I still have a CPE since last July waiting to be evaluated.  I've stopped submitting them because nothing ever gets evaluated.  

Cybert
Newcomer I

Most frustrating to have to spend several hours to find a workaround for submitting the CPE. Why is there no proactive communication about this know error? Why not replace the guides with a guide that represent the current situation.

To be frank and direct, I'm not impressed by the administrative processes of ISC2:

* Never received a detailing of exam results, never got a response to my mailed request.

* Endorsement took forever

* Acclaim took several weeks, with other institutes it is max 2 days.

* Digital certificate only run on first day of month, so received 3,5 months after passing exam.  with other institutes it is mostly upon successfully passing endorsement phase.

* Not able to change name or at lees choose a way to display your name correct, Name change still pending several weeks yet.

* Still not received the announced welcoming package and physical certificate via the post office...

* This CPE drama is just another symptom of systems failing.

Is does not seem to be caused by the ISC2 representatives, who are willing to help. But it seems the people are just to busy compensating for the lacking systems. Hope it improves on the short term, it's not worthy of the certification it self.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@daveheck wrote:

I still have a CPE since last July waiting to be evaluated.  I've stopped submitting them because nothing ever gets evaluated.  

What do you mean by evaluated? CPEs once "properly" submitted go through an automated approval process which takes seconds - unless they have been selected for audit.

So do you mean waiting for audit, or are they listed as "pending"?

If they're pending then they are in draft status and need to be completed fully - check the CPE portal tutorial for details:

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/B0218C6D9688461F900A48B2BF42D549.ashx

But before you do that please check these posts which will give you some tips on how to resolve some potential issues you might encounter when submitting your CPEs:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/How-Where-to-enter-for-CPE-for-completing-an-online-cla...

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/CPE-posting-issue/m-p/18691#M3713

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Cybert wrote:

Most frustrating to have to spend several hours to find a workaround for submitting the CPE. Why is there no proactive communication about this know error? Why not replace the guides with a guide that represent the current situation.

To be frank and direct, I'm not impressed by the administrative processes of ISC2:

* Never received a detailing of exam results, never got a response to my mailed request.

* Endorsement took forever

* Acclaim took several weeks, with other institutes it is max 2 days.

* Digital certificate only run on first day of month, so received 3,5 months after passing exam.  with other institutes it is mostly upon successfully passing endorsement phase.

* Not able to change name or at lees choose a way to display your name correct, Name change still pending several weeks yet.

* Still not received the announced welcoming package and physical certificate via the post office...

* This CPE drama is just another symptom of systems failing.

Is does not seem to be caused by the ISC2 representatives, who are willing to help. But it seems the people are just to busy compensating for the lacking systems. Hope it improves on the short term, it's not worthy of the certification it self.

Totally agree with most of the above in relation to the current state of things being below par since many of the system "upgrades", and the seeming unwillingness to formally acknowledge that by pinning the fixes to the known issues at the top of the forums.

Although, some of the things such as the downloadable certificate not being available until the cycle starts are just the way they choose to do it. 

Also, if it's been more than the stated waiting time for the welcome pack to arrive you need to contact Support and they will send out another one if it's assumed to have been lost in the post.

I used to recommend the Live Chat feature for contacting Support but that's out of action at the moment, so seems the best way is currently through here by "mentioning" one of the admins in your post, as calls and emails seem not to be responded to in a timely fashion.

@amandavanceISC2 - Hi Amanda - please can we have a thread pinned to the top of this forum and the Certifications forum about current recommendations for posting CPEs?

EDIT: On a positive note, the endorsement queue is starting to reduce down now, so there is hope the rest of the systems will follow suit and start to improve!