Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HudsonRiver
Newcomer I

CPE posting issue

I have been trying to submit a CPE I attended yesterday. However, after entering all the info when I click on "Save & Continue" the screen doesn't go anywhere. I can enter the dates at "CPE Activity Dates" and then it moves to "CPE Information". Once information is entered the screen doesn't go to ""Apply CPEs" section. I can click on Save and Exit or Back button or any other option but after clicking on "Save & Continue" its does not move to the next screen.

I have tried Edge and Firefox and both gave me the same problem. I have tried a different pc and ran into the same problem. After hitting Save & Continue the screen doesn't move to the next screen. The CPE is showing up as Pending and I can go back and Edit it but still the issue persists.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

5 Replies
HudsonRiver
Newcomer I

After trying umpteenth time it finally went through.
amandavanceISC2

@HudsonRiver I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are running into with submitting CPEs. One thing that could be causing the error is the length of the fields (such as the author field, title, etc...). I would suggest trying to keep these fields short so you don't run into this issue. If this is not the issue, a work around we have found is to list the CPE under the category "Education Courses and Seminars" as the webinar category and a couple of others have been known to cause this error on some members accounts.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

HudsonRiver
Newcomer I

Thanks Amanda!
cdc
Newcomer III

I don't understand.  Why are there "work arounds" for situations that intermittently work?  Who created this software application and why aren't they held accountable to fix the code?

Shannon
Community Champion

@cdc wrote:

I don't understand.  Why are there "work arounds" for situations that intermittently work?  Who created this software application and why aren't they held accountable to fix the code?

Before answering that we need to know what the objective of the system was. Pick one: -

1. To cater to all user requirements, providing a smooth experience so as to reduce the need to contact member support for assistance.
  2. To stress-test users & gauge their endurance, while proving that member support can't always be relied on for timely assistance.

Assuming it's 1, the app has failed miserably, & we're all wondering when it's going to be fixed to address the issues.

However, perhaps it was 2 --- in which case it's been a booming success, so don't hope to see anything done about it....  Man Wink

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz