Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichM
Viewer II

Online Proctor for CISSP due to Covid 19

I am almost ready to write the CISSP exam. My challenge is that I am based in South Africa & yesterday our government announced a 21 day lockdown to try "flatten the Covid 19 infection curve". Question is are there any plans from ISC2 to allow for online proctors to monitor an online CISSP examination? I have checked with Pearson vue and SA is not listed as we use 3rd party testing centers.

89 Replies
Subnetwork
Newcomer III

@Jacques01 wrote:
This is a robust debate my friend nothing illegal or wrong with a debate

This isn't a debate, this is people crying because they're not getting their way. Look at the statement (ISC)2 posted, and read it again instead of having a temper tantrum like you have in previous posts.  

Pay attention to these parts:

"the fact that all (ISC)² Examinations are 17024 accredited, requires special planning and approvals from third parties prior to administration."

"As soon as additional avenues of exam delivery are finalized, we will communicate these findings broadly and expediently."

They're aware and working on other options it seems, so quit being immature with weird posts about conspiracies and nonsense and be patient.

FYI, for the fact that the CISM is an easier test alludes to it not being as good as the CISSP in my opinion. So just hang in there.

denbesten
Community Champion

@Landin_Comins wrote:
Please stop filling our inboxes. ...ADMIN, ... kindly take care of this situation

There are are a few less-drastic actions one can individually take:

1. "unusbscribe" to email notifications for a particular discussion topic:

(ISC)² Community >> Your Name (at top of screen) >>  My settings >>  Subscriptions & Notifications
  2. Completely turn off email notifications for your account.
  3. Modify the earlier tampermonkey script to hide the poster you find offensive.

Even though one may find the poster prone to hyperbole, intolerant of opposing opinion, willing to use ad-hominum attacks and immature in debate, he has not violated the community guidelines and therefore should not be subject to censorship.   

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@denbesten Thank you for suggesting these. (Apologies for responding and causing another email to be sent.)

I'd like to ask everyone to please stay on topic when responding/posting to any thread in the Community, regardless of the topic of the thread.  

We are watching the discussion. We hope that continued discussion will stay on topic. We would like to leave comments turned on in case any new questions come up or new view points are shared. 

I'd like to let everyone know how to unsubscribe to this (or any) specific thread. In addition to the great suggestions below, click on the "Options" pull down menu button at the top of this specific thread and then click "unsubscribe."

For future, when you respond to a thread, there is a checkbox at the top that is automatically checked "email me when someone replies." You can uncheck that box on your responses so you do not continue to receive emails. 

I hope this helps. I hope everyone is healthy. We thank you for your continued patience.

Copying @denbesten's suggestions below for unsubscribing to keep all suggestions in one easy-to-find place. 

1. "unusbscribe" to email notifications for a particular discussion topic:

(ISC)² Community >> Your Name (at top of screen) >>  My settings >>  Subscriptions & Notifications
  2. Completely turn off email notifications for your account.
  3. Modify the earlier tampermonkey script to hide the poster you find offensive.

Even though one may find the poster prone to hyperbole, intolerant of opposing opinion, willing to use ad-hominum attacks and immature in debate, he has not violated the community guidelines and therefore should not be subject to censorship.   

ISC2 Community Manager
Jacques01
Newcomer III

With all due respect I simply asked form the beginning for some tangible reasons and most importantly facts to support why the online offering has not been facilitated in any way. Not one single comment could provide anything apart of opinions masked by pseudo intellectual bias facts. I am trying to have a factual conversation about this issue in these bizarre times. I do believe it's to the detriment of the community as a whole, but if the one seeking some truth is deemed as immature then I am lost for words. That being said everyone is allowed to his or her opinion or view.
Beads
Advocate I

Thanks for this reminder. I have unsubscribed from this thread and will remain wary of the board in the future because of this thread.

- b/eads

Skalny
Viewer II

I see only one reason for ignoring remote proctored exam option - ISC is afraid of question disclosure. I haven't checked, but it's quite easy to put proxy with SSL decryption option to review traffic later.

But this can be easily mitigated by testing engine traffic encryption 🙂

Jacques01
Newcomer III

GIAC also launched their remote proctured exam offering
Ekeller1984
Newcomer II

Any updates isc2? We all know you’re going to offer it and are just later to the party than all of your competitors.
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Ekeller1984 

I have no update to my previous post. This is the best place to look for any changes or announcements: 

Please see our updated response to the questions surrounding online/remote exams: 

https://www.isc2.org/Notice/COVID-19-Response-Online-Exams

We will continue to update this page. Please refer to this page for any further updates related to COVID-19: 

https://www.isc2.org/notice/COVID-19-Response

Thank you for your continued patience as we navigate these unusual circumstances. 

ISC2 Community Manager
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

(ISC)2 Exams – Test Centers Opening

More than 80% of Pearson VUE testing centers worldwide that administer (ISC)2 exams are now open. For candidates whose exams had to be rescheduled due to COVID-19, as well as candidates yet to schedule their exams, please check the Pearson VUE website at https://home.pearsonvue.com/isc2. You’ll be able to schedule your exam for a date and time that works for you, and help ensure your comfort level and confidence in participating in an in-person exam. If you don’t see a testing center near you, please check back often as more capacity continues to be added daily.

Our top priority is the health and safety of all exam candidates. Pearson VUE will share all necessary information with scheduled candidates, including assurances about appropriate measures being taken for cleaning facilities, social distancing and any requirements for personal protective equipment such as masks.

Thank you to all exam candidates for your patience. We look forward to welcoming you as certified members of (ISC)2 as soon as possible.

We will continue to post updates and developments on this Community and our website. You can also always check the Pearson VUE website for the latest status on test centers near you.

ISC2 Community Manager