Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichM
Viewer II

Online Proctor for CISSP due to Covid 19

I am almost ready to write the CISSP exam. My challenge is that I am based in South Africa & yesterday our government announced a 21 day lockdown to try "flatten the Covid 19 infection curve". Question is are there any plans from ISC2 to allow for online proctors to monitor an online CISSP examination? I have checked with Pearson vue and SA is not listed as we use 3rd party testing centers.

89 Replies
Landin_Comins
Newcomer I

Good luck everyone!
Ekeller1984
Newcomer II

So is testing available in IL?
Jacques01
Newcomer III

no sites are available in south africa
Beads
Advocate I

Still waiting for my password reset to take hold so not entirely sure what may await on the inside. Yesterday, the Governor of Illinois (Pritzker) declared lockdown of all non-essential businesses to remain closed til the end of June, 2020.

Once you get into your PersonVue/ISC(2) account suggest looking for sites in Indiana and Wisconsin that may be open. Since I am closer to Wisconsin than Chicago I will look there. Cheaper too as my closest testing site doesn't have pay to park. Well, a couple in the area that I won't bother with have parking lots like Deerfield but those are always booked to the maximum all day long.

Suspect its going to take a while to move people through the pent up demand. Good news is should be easier on the AC units. Walked out of more than one test, drenched in my own sweat.

Good luck!

- b/eads

maheshbabu9
Viewer II

Hi Andrea,

Could you please let us know, if there is any update on allowing CISSP exam through online proctored delivery.

I have just finished my ISACA-CISM exam through web-proctored delivery and it was very efficient, the proctor was observing me all the time through web-cam and they even verified the room/table where we are taking the exam, not allowing any electronic devices, not even allowing to read the questions/move lips while reading. Request you to reconsider this delivery model as the COVID-19 situation may continue for many more months.

Jacques01
Newcomer III

This situation will continue for the next 12 to 18 months. I took the CISM
last week and it was personally alot more secure than other on site exams I
have written.

I dont think ISC wants to entertain this even though in the massive health
risks involved in taking tests at a communal location.
Ekeller1984
Newcomer II

I could be wrong, but I thought ISC2’s decision was they didn’t care about health risks or safety of testers or staff. They had opened 80% of physical locations. Note: ISACA, CompTIA, AWS, SANS, and Cisco are all offering online. Lol
Jacques01
Newcomer III

The centers that are open are those that linked to the country's in which
they are operating.
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Here is an update regarding testing centers reopening: 

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Certifications/Test-Center-Guidance-Regarding-COVID-19/m-p/33482

ISC2 Community Manager
Jacques01
Newcomer III

Nothing for my country it's still closed by the looks of it