Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichM
Viewer II

Online Proctor for CISSP due to Covid 19

I am almost ready to write the CISSP exam. My challenge is that I am based in South Africa & yesterday our government announced a 21 day lockdown to try "flatten the Covid 19 infection curve". Question is are there any plans from ISC2 to allow for online proctors to monitor an online CISSP examination? I have checked with Pearson vue and SA is not listed as we use 3rd party testing centers.

89 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

@RichM wrote:

I am almost ready to write the CISSP exam. My challenge is that I am based in South Africa & yesterday our government announced a 21 day lockdown to try "flatten the Covid 19 infection curve". Question is are there any plans from ISC2 to allow for online proctors to monitor an online CISSP examination? I have checked with Pearson vue and SA is not listed as we use 3rd party testing centers.

Rich,

I recommend you repeat this same post over in the Member Support area of the Community.

I think (ISC) team members like @AndreaMoore keep closer watch in that area.

Good luck!

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
denbesten
Community Champion

(ISC)²'s exclusive test provider, Pearson VUE does offer proctored online test delivery, which makes it seem like this would be a fairly low-effort service to add.  @amandavanceISC2, is this something that you could suggest to the powers-that-be?  

Even if it could not be implemented on @RichM's presumed timeline, the bigger thought is to solve problems cited by others on the community regarding the nearest testing center being across international borders and sometimes many hours distant.  

My guess is that this will all come down to Person VUE's ability to convince the (ISC)² test committee and the board that it would not compromise test integrity nor confidentiality.

AppDefects
Community Champion

@RichM wrote:

This is not the first time that Pearson VUE coverage for the African continent in general has being questioned as being deficient. Only member services can push the provider to providing more locations.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Regarding Online Testing: 

Online testing for (ISC)² certification exams is not currently available. Unlike many IT certifications that most candidates are familiar with, balancing reliability, validity, security and psychometric demands of (ISC)² professional cybersecurity examinations is significantly complex and time consuming endeavor. As a developer of ANSI accredited certifications, we need to ensure our exams continue to adhere to the same rigorous standards regardless of the administration method. We understand the challenges the health crisis is placing on test takers, and we are aggressively exploring solutions that ensure the integrity of the certification process while making our exams more accessible.  As (ISC)² negotiates the significant challenges in exploring additional administration pathways, we appreciate your patience.

ISC2 Community Manager
Admarnelson
Newcomer III

We deeply ask to ISC2 with Pearson Vue to review their policies and requirements to help people around of world due corona virus problems to open the system "Control Remote" mean exam Home like others vendor as CompTia, EC-Council, ISACA.

In april they begin  Exam home mean "Remote Control". this inovate system due corona virus. we non-member have desire to take CISSP deeply ask to ISC2.

Subnetwork
Newcomer III

EC-Council has also had issues with people cheating, which has tarnished their reputation.

Jacques01
Newcomer III

Coming from a person that has written multiple online vue exams the institutionalized fear of online exam delivery is a bit of a mystery to me. The experience and security controls for me personally has been a lot more effective that going out to a exam center. I also reside in South Africa as rich and we have only 1 exam center in cape town as an example. I have to admit ISC has to move with the times and provide test takers the level of access that's required. Where this fear is coming from I cannot say but the perception that taking online exams is somehow a gateway drug to cheating is as an unfactual statement as me being related to the loch ness monster. One should not allow perception to dictate strategic decisions and the facts dont speak towards the online exam delivery system being compromised in any form of fashion.
Jacques01
Newcomer III

I am very sorry that's a opinionated comment. There is no facts to support your claim. Coming from a person that has written multiple online vue exams the institutionalized fear of online exam delivery is a bit of a mystery to me. The experience and security controls for me personally has been a lot more effective that going out to a exam center. I also reside in South Africa as rich and we have only 1 exam center in cape town as an example. I have to admit ISC has to move with the times and provide test takers the level of access that's required. Where this fear is coming from I cannot say but the perception. One should not allow perception to dictate strategic decisions and the facts dont speak towards the online exam delivery system being compromised in any form of fashion.
Subnetwork
Newcomer III

I have taken both Pearson Vue certification exams and online proctored exams. My closest test center isn’t even in the same city as me, it’s around two and a half hours away. Fact of the matter is (ISC)2 is most concerned with keeping the integrity of their exams, and online proctoring even at a small level increases the risk of compromise of the integrity of their exams. This is evident in the fact they don’t allow testing to be done at any Authorized Pearson Vue center, such as community colleges or training organizations. But instead have to be done at Official Pearson Vue locations. Maybe in the future they will decide to offer this, we will just have to wait and see.