cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baiju
Newcomer I

CISSP exam duration - June 2022

Hi 

I booked CISSP May 1st week and I noticed it is 4 hrs. instead of 3 hrs. .

Could you please someone confirm on that ?

I am also worried about number questions , will there be any change in number of questions as well.

Regards,

Baiju

43 Replies
nkeaton
Newcomer III

Brian, congratulations, and totally agree with you.  I got an E-mail yesterday that said June 1 instead.  In addition InfoSec Professional had not been released for March as of yesterday which seems like a good place to announce changes.  I will be listening to the (ISC)2 quarterly update later this month because said exam changes are included.  This will not impact you or me directly, but this is very important to those who will taking the exam.  

nkeaton
Newcomer III

D, it definitely is worrisome.  I did send an E-mail to exam administration and customer service a couple of days ago and have not got a response yet.  I think that they may have royally messed this one up.  I am guessing the June 1 is in response to all of the inquiries.  I have had people show me their Pearson Vue exam registration in May and definitely says 4 hours.  I think more than the time that the number of questions concerns me.  Saying 200 questions suggests to me that either is not CAT or is the high end like 150 is now.  I will be watching the (ISC)2 quarterly session as exam changes will be a topic.

Thank you for your kind words.  It is important to me to help others and give back to the profession.    

ToniHahn
Contributor I

Sorry for the delay in replying - we had to wait for the official word to be posted

It is now posted here

https://www.isc2.org/notice/CISSP-Exam-Length

And you may have seen it ahead of time if you registered on the Pearson VUE website because they had to change theirs before we could get the word out.  Apologies that we couldn't do everything in one swoop!  LOL. 

Beginning June 1, 2022, the CISSP exam in the Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT) format will contain 50 pretest (unscored) items, which will increase the minimum and maximum number of items you will need to respond to from 100-150 to 125-175 items during your exam. To allow for these additional items, the maximum exam administration time will increase from three to four hours.

The additional 25 pretest items are evaluated for inclusion as operational (scored) items in future exams, however, as these pretest items are indistinguishable from operational (scored) items, you should consider each item carefully and select the best possible answer. Responses to pretest items do not impact your score or the pass/fail result on your examination.

The CISSP CAT exam currently contains 25 pretest items. The addition of another 25 enables (ISC)² to continue expanding our item bank to strengthen the integrity and security of the CISSP for all those who earn the certification.

There are no other changes to the content of the CISSP exam. The domains and domain weights contained within the CISSP exam outline have not changed.

If your exam is scheduled on or after June 1, 2022, your CISSP exam will reflect these changes. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact examadministration@isc2.org.

ToniHahn
Contributor I

@nkeaton - Normally you would get a reply quickly, but we were all on hold until the official word got posted which it did today.  Pearson VUE had to update their systems so if you registered June 1 or later, you would have seen it thru that channel.  We had to double-check that their system was a go so we could post our notice.

it is here:
https://www.isc2.org/notice/CISSP-Exam-Length

ToniHahn
Contributor I

Apologies for the delay in responding

@dcontesti 

we had to wait for our official word to come out (there is a lot of moving parts - web page, Pearson VUE, testing etc) and while Pearson had updated their part, we had to test it out and then get all of our stuff updated.

It is true 

Beginning June 1, 2022, the CISSP exam in the Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT) format will contain 50 pretest (unscored) items, which will increase the minimum and maximum number of items you will need to respond to from 100-150 to 125-175 items during your exam. To allow for these additional items, the maximum exam administration time will increase from three to four hours.

The additional 25 pretest items are evaluated for inclusion as operational (scored) items in future exams, however, as these pretest items are indistinguishable from operational (scored) items, you should consider each item carefully and select the best possible answer. Responses to pretest items do not impact your score or the pass/fail result on your examination.

The CISSP CAT exam currently contains 25 pretest items. The addition of another 25 enables (ISC)² to continue expanding our item bank to strengthen the integrity and security of the CISSP for all those who earn the certification.

There are no other changes to the content of the CISSP exam. The domains and domain weights contained within the CISSP exam outline have not changed.

If your exam is scheduled on or after June 1, 2022, your CISSP exam will reflect these changes. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact examadministration@isc2.org.

all of this can be found here: https://www.isc2.org/notice/CISSP-Exam-Length

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Effective June 1, 2022, the CISSP CAT exam length will change. The exam will contain 25 additional pretest items for a total of 50 unscored items. To allow exam takers more time for these items, the maximum administration time will increase from three to four hours. There are no other changes to the content of the CISSP exam. The domains and domain weights contained within the CISSP exam outline have not changed. Learn more at www.isc2.org/notice/CISSP-Exam-Length    

ISC2 Community Manager
nkeaton
Newcomer III

Toni, thank you.  I also got that through (ISC)'s Facebook answer.  This will certainly calm a lot of future exam takers' anxiety.  

dcontesti
Community Champion

@ToniHahn @baiju @nkeaton @RT365 

Toni, thank you for replying and hopefully clarifying the questions for folks.  It is appreciated.

@nkeaton Thank you for the time you spend giving back to the membership.

Regards

d

Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

It used to be a 6 hour exam.

But in reality you could complete it in less.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
nkeaton
Newcomer III

Steve, it sure was when it was linear.  It still is in some countries.  I have a lot of respect for the people that took it in mass with pencil and paper.  I would honestly have rather taken that as I did not really care for the adaptive format and its algorithms.  I went to 150 questions; so I know that I was on the fence but am a CISSP even so.  #grateful