cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baiju
Newcomer I

CISSP exam duration - June 2022

Hi 

I booked CISSP May 1st week and I noticed it is 4 hrs. instead of 3 hrs. .

Could you please someone confirm on that ?

I am also worried about number questions , will there be any change in number of questions as well.

Regards,

Baiju

43 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

@RT365 @nkeaton 

I am not sure what the concern here is?  Whilst in university and studying for an exam, I was more concerned with understanding the material than the duration of the said exam.  3 hours or 4 hours is the length of time that you are being allowed to answer the questions.  If you finish in 2 hours you can leave.  When I sat for the CISSP, it was six hours however one could leave when they were satisfied with their answers.

As @AndreaMoore has previously replied, questions on exams (length, change in number of questions, etc. ) should be sent to examadministration@isc2.org .

d

baiju
Newcomer I

I booked the exam for May first week and it shows 4 hours , means that system already updated that it is  4 hours exam. 

I  clarified here in this group and ISC2 exam  administration team and  starting from May it is going to be 4 hrs with 200 question.

I didn't get the domain wise breakup for the questions.

I am thinking to re-schedule the exam to Apr 2022.

nkeaton
Newcomer III

D, this is a big deal to the people studying for it.  Imagine if you were prepared to answer 100 - 150 questions as is specified everywhere on (ISC)2, and you got to question 151.  This could be enough to make someone implode.  Since the information is not out there, the wrong way to find out is when you schedule an exam.  So I am asking for transparency and compassion for the sake of future exam takers.  (ISC)2 did a great job rolling out information for the changes last May, and many of us that work with people preparing for the exam further disseminated that information.  I honestly am not a fan of the adaptive exam and would have rather taken the 6 hour one but passed the 3 hour version.   

nkeaton
Newcomer III

D, I did reach out to exam administration and customer service and am awaiting a response.  I even looked for the latest InfoSec Professional hoping for something.  As of yesterday the March issue is not out.  I personally feel that this is more important than the pilot at home CISSP exams as it impacts a much larger community.

dcontesti
Community Champion

Okay, I was not aware that the number of questions was also changing, so apologies on that one.

I am surprised that there has not been an announcement on this, seems something slipped through the cracks.  This type of change (no. of questions), should be announced LOUDLY,  The time does not bother me as much....for reasons mentioned before.

I know that some of the Exam Development staff do have accounts here and would ask that they opine on this subject.  @ToniHahn can you assist?

Regards

d

nkeaton
Newcomer III

D, I just got an E-mail saying the change would be on June 1 now but have not seen any official notices.  I do know of people signed up for May that said 4 hours on their exam reservation.  I really like that (ISC)2 usually announces things well; this is just a slip.  The InfoSec Professional has not been released yet; so maybe there will be something in there.  I will be watching this webinar that will include exam updates:   https://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/5385/532664.

I try to give back to the profession by helping others.  There is a lot of stress on the Facebook posts that I have seen.  

Thank you.

dcontesti
Community Champion

Nancy as a member, I thank you for everything you do for the membership.

As to the issue at hand, I have seen THREE different answers on when the time changes and different scenarios on the number of questions depending on who is (apparently) replying.  I know that a while back the board held management accountable to notify the membership six months prior to the change happening.  Eliminates the angst.

Still would like to see someone from Exam Development spell it out here.....

d

RAHUL0018
Viewer

I am also looking to book CISSP in month of May 2022. But i can see the duration to be 180 mins for 20th May. Is it like for real that duration is increasing by an hour because i can still see it to be 3 Hrs.
baiju
Newcomer I

Starting May 1st, 2022 the exam duration will be 4 hours with 200 questions.

BrianF
Newcomer III

Been following this thread but something sounds really fishy or a administravie / user interface issue is at-hand. I cannot beleived that ISC2 would just spring changes like this without warning. If so, that would not be cool. There needs to be a reasonable explantion.

Regarding the changes (if these are indeed on the horizon)..

I just sat for the exam last month and it was 180 minutes / 100-150 questions. I passed at 100 questions in just over 2 hours. That said, time goes buy SUPER FAST. So if they expand this to 4 hours and add questions, this can be a very good thing to broaden the potential to prove yourself. While test taking is generally nerve racking no matter what the subject, add the CAT format with beta questions, in a proctored exam room, with a mask, during a pandemic... yeah, those factors were harder that the actual questions to me. 

Regarding the exam and content... As you keep hearing, this is not an exam where memorizing is going to work. It just will not... I'm sure some may get lucky but truth be told, I did not study "content or materials" that hard. I did review what would be covered an certainly brushed up on the lingo/terms and concepts. Also knowing some of the nuances to what is expected where there are specific orders or processes specific to ISC2 also helped. However, and this may seem korny and like I'm bragging here but it was my experience that was my biggest reference. I have been a manager of tech for a long time and have taken several companies through ISO 27001 certifications, PCI certification, SOC 2, HITRUST, etc.

Still the exam was a challenge but I guess I'm trying to say that no matter how long it is, trust your confidence level and commit when you are ready. Don't stress too much about the number of questions or how long you have to take the exam. They are factors but are likely not to affect the outcome in a negative manner. 

Good luck!