cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jc2022
Newcomer I

CC Exam Preparation

Hello,

For those who have passed the entry level CC exam, can you let me know if the online material provided by ISC is enough to study for the exam?

Are there any recommended books or supplemental material that can be used such as practice exams etc?

Thanks

145 Replies
otter325
Newcomer II

@shonnae shonnae, which book did you buy?

otter325
Newcomer II

Have you done the pre- and post-assessments provided with the (ISC)² self-paced online course?
Those were helpful.

otter325
Newcomer II

I just passed the exam too. Mike Chapple's CC course on LinkedIn Learning was good and enjoyable.
I also found Thor Pedersen's Complete Certified in Cybersecurity course on Udemy helpful but did not watch all the videos. I merely downloaded his PDF study guides from the resources (at Lesson 1) and focused on the areas in which I was weakest after taking his practice tests (which were also really good). Pay attention to his advice in video 136 ("How to approach practice questions").
For those who feel they need a book, The 11th Hour CISSP Study Guide by Conrad, Misenar, and Feldman provides a good overall review but also goes beyond what you need to know for the CC exam.

shonnae
Newcomer I

Hi Otter,
I brought the ebook for 20.00...They recently added the ebook.
https://enroll.isc2.org/catalog?pagename=Entry-Level
shonnae
Newcomer I

Er_TapanJatakia
Newcomer III

@Umohsp, I think no additional material is required if you already have referred to the content provided by (ISC)2.

Additionally, you may refer to this -->

https://community.isc2.org/t5/CC-Study-Group/CC-Exam-Preparation/m-p/55286/highlight/true#M434

--
Er. Tapan Jatakia (C.Eng.)
Cell: +919664332984
Email: tapan_ditu_17.20@outlook.com
Homepage: https://linktr.ee/ertapanjatakia
samir_varia
Newcomer I

I have cleared exam yesterday only. Sharing my experience with all of you to help you for exam preparation.  

First I referred Online free course which was available free of cost.

Second I referred Mike Chapple Linkedin video course. 

This was enough for me as i am already having plenty years of experience and was willing to go with CISSP but i have attempted this one just to get myself familiar with ISC2 examination style and way of exam questioning prior to invest handsome amount on CISSP. 

As an advice you can relay on FIRST and SECOND material only if you have 2 or more years of experience in IT. If you are fresh or having small experience do not relay of this two methods. This is not to disappoint anyone but when i have attempted exam i faced such scenario where only book knowledge will not help.

OK, now next question, if not to relay on only this two option and you are fresher then what to do. As suggested by course you can still go with exam but you will need some extra work to gain familiarity with topics. Let's say for example while referring to above TWO options give yourself pause for topics which are new to you. Go with google and acquire some additional understanding as well to clear concept. Like you never ever seen HIPAA standard or Firewall or Server. Help yourself by doing virtual google tour (Refer reliable sites, not on blogs or posts) with it. Understand you do not need to by heart HIPAA standard or firewall or server. you just need to make yourself clear with additional details which are not there in book and to make yourself aware by reading about those things.

For me it took 24 days to read and cover most topics. If you are fresher it may possible you take 48 days by suggested method but it will help you clear this on first attempt itself. Nothing is impossible.

Go On, Best Luck

Pavan0704
Viewer II

Can you please provide me the study material for the exam because i am unable to find it anywhere.

samir_varia
Newcomer I

Just open account with ISC2 main site, search for training of CC and scroll for suitable free training.

Best of my memory, you would be required to add that training to My course and for doing that there will be invoice which will be generated for your transactions and during that process discount will be calculated and your invoice payable amount will be zero during checkout process. (means you will get it free of cost)

I am not sure if training is still free, but this training was named as "Official (ISC)² Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) Self-Paced Training" and was available for 30 days from the day you add it to my course.

mbustoscw
Viewer

ok