cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jc2022
Newcomer I

CC Exam Preparation

Hello,

For those who have passed the entry level CC exam, can you let me know if the online material provided by ISC is enough to study for the exam?

Are there any recommended books or supplemental material that can be used such as practice exams etc?

Thanks

145 Replies
vbianch76
Newcomer I

I have been reading multiple comments around, about folks taking the test and gettings questions on things that seem not listed in the official ISC2 course.... Is that possible??

denbesten
Community Champion

@vbianch76 wrote:

I have been reading multiple comments around, about folks taking the test and gettings questions on things that seem not listed in the official ISC2 course.... Is that possible??

Absolutely.  Not only possible, but virtually guaranteed.   The education department has no involvement with exam development, nor do they have access to exam questions.  And, exam developers are not permitted to reference the training materials.

(ISC)² staff do not even write the exam questions. See this post and this post.

cscottiej
Newcomer I

I took the CC exam and passed, even though I had questions for which there was no study material for some of the questions.  In life, you cannot prepare for every situation that is thrust upon you.  This can be compared to being Blue Team and not knowing how your adversary will attack.  You must constantly be on the guard against new attack vectors and try new things to defend your data.

Yomi-Michael
Newcomer I

congratulations for passing ther CC exam
KofiKay
Viewer

@Tahir did you get the materials? If you did, please share with me.

MKN
Newcomer I

Thank you – would you be able to describe what types of questions came that were not part of the ISC2 material ?

Sent from Mail<> for Windows