cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinmorrison
Viewer

CISSP Endorsement Wait

Hello all!

For those waiting on your CISSP Endorsement Review approval from ISC2, the wait will continue.  It has been over 6 weeks since my endorsement was submitted and I just received the following:

"Typically, the endorsement review process runs around 4-6 weeks; however, due to a system upgrade, we are currently running closer to 8 weeks. This could be done sooner than the 8 weeks, we just ask to allow the full time for review."

So it looks like we are all in for longer wait times post endorsement. 

Happy Waiting!!

134 Replies
itsecengCPIC
Newcomer I

Passed CISSP Exam - Dec 20 2018

Received exam pass email - Dec 23 2018

Applied for endorsement - Dec 23 2018

Welcome email Congrats - Feb 11, 2019

sbhole
Reader I

Passed CISSP Exam - Dec 18 2018

Received exam pass email - Dec 19 2018

Applied for endorsement - Jan 07 2019

Welcome email Congrats - Feb 21 2019

Wait time since endorsement submitted..6 weeks and 3 days

Oneill
Viewer

You should definitely get in touch with them. I provided documents for endorsement beginning of January 2019 and already have positive feedback. They informed me week ago. So something is definitely not OK, you should not wait so long.

Rossva
Contributor I

Aw man, wish I hadn’t found this thread! My endorser submitted his endorsement 2 weeks ago and I thought it’d be 4 weeks max. As I have all the work history and an already registered CISSP to endorse me I kinda hoped that’d be it... looks like I could be another 6 weeks! Doesn’t feel like great service seeing as to take the exam cost £672. I’d have hoped for better considering the outlay. 

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

This thread hasn't been updated in a while, but what I can gather from other sources is the endorsement queue got down to about 5 weeks at one point but has gone back up to about 7 weeks now.

ISC2 are currently sending out notices that the endorsement process will take 4 weeks, so anyone receiving that advice will be very disappointed!

Rossva
Contributor I

Thanks for the feedback. As I say, does kinda feel wrong based on how much the process cost! Also looking through other threads on this forum about how ISC don’t reply to queries etc doesn’t exactly inspire confidence
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

There's an expectation that as the CISSP is generally well received and respected (and, yes, the exam is expensive) that ISC2 should be some shining beacon of professionalism and efficiency. However, like most organisations, the less you have to deal with them the better! Although, I don't think they are any worse than any others I have to deal with regularly.

The main issue at the moment is the pretty messy "digital transformation" all of their systems have recently been through. This has resulted in functionality that was previously working just fine although looking very dated, now looks very fancy but some elements just don't work properly (e.g. the various and numerous Member and CPE Portal issues you can read about on here).

The endorsement system was taken offline for 2 weeks during an upgrade a while ago which resulted in the queue which used to run at around 4 weeks ballooning up to nearly 9 weeks. They had worked to get this down but something has caused this to go up again. They like to mention higher than normal/expected volumes, but I noticed the endorsement system was suspended for new applications for a day a couple of weeks or so ago, so I suspect that has something to do with it as well.

All of this, combined with the confusion caused by the recent change in the annual maintenance fees policy (both the increase and the move from paying in arrears to paying upfront), means that the members are having to contact member support more often leading to the delays in getting a response from them. It seems they do respond to the emails and voicemails but it takes 2, 3 or even 4 weeks!

I know it's frustrating waiting for the endorsement to come through. I've been through this 3 times already and currently have 2 more applications in the queue. You spend a lot of time, effort and money to study for and pass these exams so you want to see a return on that investment, but now you have to sit and twiddle your thumbs waiting and waiting and waiting with no feedback until one day you receive an email saying congratulations! I wish they would implement a system where you could see the progress of your application.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Exam provisionally passed: 16th April 2019
Provisional pass email: 17th April 2019
Endorsement application completed: 17th April 2019
Endorsement application being processed email: 17th April 2019
Congratulations on CISSP-ISSAP email: 3rd June 2019

Total processing time: 6 weeks and 5 days.

Interestingly, you can see my ISSAP certification listed in the old verification tool, but nowhere else yet including the Member/CPE portals or in the badge system on here.

Rossva
Contributor I

Update for anyone that’s interested. I just called ISC2 and asked for an update on mine as over 4 weeks now. They are currently quoting 8 weeks! This is not good ISC, not good at all. Maybe you should start offering those of us waiting like this a small token gesture seeing as we’ve paid close to £700 for this exam. 

espanolito
Viewer II

Same here. The original email said to contact ISC if longer than 4 weeks. Now on my 7th week of wait