cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinmorrison
Viewer

CISSP Endorsement Wait

Hello all!

For those waiting on your CISSP Endorsement Review approval from ISC2, the wait will continue.  It has been over 6 weeks since my endorsement was submitted and I just received the following:

"Typically, the endorsement review process runs around 4-6 weeks; however, due to a system upgrade, we are currently running closer to 8 weeks. This could be done sooner than the 8 weeks, we just ask to allow the full time for review."

So it looks like we are all in for longer wait times post endorsement. 

Happy Waiting!!

134 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

Ha you are lucky.  When I certified, it was six months as it was a manual process.

The organization has come a long way in improving and continue to upgrade systems to better improve service.

Other organizations take 8 -12 weeks for endorsements.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Even though endorsement wait times are certainly lower than 6 months and may indeed be lower than some other organisations, it's still very frustrating to be told the usual 4-6 weeks is now effectively 6-8 weeks due to a system upgrade - what kind of "upgrade" actually increases the wait times?

I'm currently waiting for my CCSP endorsement to go through. It's been over 4 weeks since I made the application so was expecting it to come through in the very near future. It's very disappointing to find I may have another 4 weeks to go.

This is especially frustrating as I'm using my existing CISSP certification as the substitute for the CCSP experience criteria, where I feel this process could be automated and instantaneous, and this would free up precious resources for other endorsements to be processed in a timely fashion.

Whilst I appreciate potentially waiting an extra 2 weeks for endorsement is nothing in the grand scheme of things, in my current position where I'm looking for a new employer and want to be able to represent myself in the best light, not being able to shout about my shiny new (but pending) cloud security certification is a source of immense frustration for me.

denbesten
Community Champion

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

I'm looking for a new employer and want to be able to represent myself in the best light...

(ISC)² staff confirmed that those in your situation are permitted to put verbiage similar to the following on a resume: "I have provisionally passed the (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner exam and am awaiting endorsement for full certification."

what kind of "upgrade" actually increases the wait times?

Processing was suspended during a two week upgrade.  They probably have not yet caught back up.

[CISSP to CCSP] could be automated and instantaneous, and this would free up precious resources for other endorsements to be processed.

I suspect some parts of the process are difficult/expensive to automate, such as printing and mailing the certificates.

Implementing a "10-items or less" express lane would help you, but others may be worse off because there would be fewer remaining certifiers for the regular lanes.

Would you pay extra (perhaps $20) to reduce your wait-time to 5-7 days, presuming (ISC)² used the revenue to pay for additional certifiers?  I would have.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Thanks for taking the time to reply, denbesten.

I am an avid lurker of these forums so was aware of the advice in that thread, and in light of this notification of potential endorsement delays I have already updated my resume to say I have provisionally passed the CCSP exam and I'm awaiting endorsement.

Although I'd very much prefer to be able to officially state I have earned the certification, which is the reason I've been waiting (semi)patiently until now, there are a couple of roles being advertised currently that I'm interested in applying for so can't wait much longer to do that, so I'll proceed with the provisional CCSP statement in the interim.

In terms of automating the CCSP endorsement process when the applicant is already a CISSP, when you go through the online endorsement application the system detects you already are a CISSP and shortens the application form removing the requirement to enter details about your work experience or provide details of someone who will endorse you saying (ISC)² will act as your endorser instead, so it is partially automated already.

Given it's known I'm a CISSP, and therefore meet the experience requirements, what's left to be completed as part of the endorsement process? (Genuine question to satisfy my curiosity if anyone knows the answer?) From what I remember of going through CISSP endorsement and subsequent renewals, the certificate is printed and sent out after the endorsement/renewal is approved as you are given time to check your address is up to date on the portal before the certification package is sent.

As to your question about would I have paid extra for a fast track endorsement? In my current situation, yes, I definitely would have. Although, I generally dislike two-tier systems like that.

denbesten
Community Champion

@denbesten wrote:

Would you pay extra (perhaps $20) to reduce your wait-time to 5-7 days, presuming (ISC)² used the revenue to pay for additional certifiers?  I would have.

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

.. yes, I definitely would have. Although, I generally dislike two-tier systems like that.

@amandavanceISC2, Tagging you with an idea to help reduce endorsement times.

rslade
Influencer II

@denbesten wrote:

> Would you pay extra (perhaps $20) to reduce your wait-time to 5-7 days,
> presuming (ISC)² used the revenue to pay for additional certifiers?

First off, even assuming that "certifiers" can be minimum wage clerical staff,
you're talking about $50K per certifier. (Remember you have to add for space,
benefits, etc as well as wages.) So you have to get 2,500 candidates to cough up
the extra for each additional certifier you want to hire. And you have to hire the
certifiers first ...

Secondly, I can't help seeing this as some kind of late night TV ad:

But wait, that's not all! How would you like *your* CISSP signed by our CEO,
rather than some minimum wage clerical flunky! *Now* how much would you
pay! $60? $80? But there's more! We'll have your certificate actually signed,
rather than just stamped! *NOW* how much would you pay? $100? $150? If
you qualify, right now, we'll throw in all this, plus endorsement by the famous
Crystal Waston bot! All for the low, low price of only $199.99, payable in four,
low, monthly installments! Call now! Operator bots are standing by!

====================== (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade@vcn.bc.ca slade@victoria.tc.ca rslade@computercrime.org
`Oh bother', said the Borg, `we've assimilated Pooh!'
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
https://is.gd/RotlWB

Other posts: https://community.isc2.org/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/1324864413

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
Gseagle1
Newcomer I

I’m currently almost at 1 month into the endorsement process. I was emailed when endorsed that due to high volume it could take up to 8 weeks. I also want to be able to put CISSP on my resume and LinkedIN.
I wish the process was quicker however I’m glad the hard part of passing an ISC2 exam is done. Has anyone had to wait the whole 8 weeks?
amandavanceISC2

@denbesten Thank you for the suggestion! I have passed this along to management.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I read on another forum that someone had an endorsement approved on the 16th Oct. They said it was exactly 7 weeks from application to approval. I'm at 5 1/2 weeks now so hopefully not too much longer to wait.