cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinmorrison
Viewer

CISSP Endorsement Wait

Hello all!

For those waiting on your CISSP Endorsement Review approval from ISC2, the wait will continue.  It has been over 6 weeks since my endorsement was submitted and I just received the following:

"Typically, the endorsement review process runs around 4-6 weeks; however, due to a system upgrade, we are currently running closer to 8 weeks. This could be done sooner than the 8 weeks, we just ask to allow the full time for review."

So it looks like we are all in for longer wait times post endorsement. 

Happy Waiting!!

134 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

ISC2 really didn't learn their lesson about managing expectations from the last time the endorsement queue ballooned up.

I read on another site that someone received an endorsement today, 7 weeks and 3 days after their application was submitted - 4 weeks was always a pipe dream!

Ericomy
Newcomer I

Wow I called about two weeks ago and they told me the wait time was 5-6 weeks. However I think that when the timeline balloons up like this they should send people updates on their endorsement status because of the fact that they sent out emails stating it would take 4 weeks. Meaning approximately every week after that 4 week email they should send something stating where you are in the queue and approximately how much longer you will have until official or something along the lines of "your endorsement application is still under review we thank you for your patience". I submitted my endorsement on May 4th so I have just passed the 6 week mark. I also find it strange that theirs is 4 weeks to begin with when CISM's process takes about 2 weeks.

But..

Patience is a virtue as they say!

The integrity of the upright guides them,
but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

The vast bulk of the time is spent just waiting to get to the front of the queue!

In terms of CISM versus CISSP endorsement times... I suspect these say something about the number of people studying for and passing the respective certification exams.

To give you an idea of the difference we can look at the member counts compared with how long the certifications have been around:

The CISSP was launched in 1994 and there are now 136,428 CISSPs.

The CISM was launched in 2002 and there are now 27,000+ CISMs.

Then you have to factor in all of the people studying for and passing the other ISC2 certifications as well, as they all go into a single endorsement queue.

I don't know anything about ISACA's queuing system but as they have fewer certifications (4 vs 9) even if they also run a single queue, given all of the above, it's fair to say it will be shorter.

EDIT: I completely agree there should be a way of viewing your application's progress - it would take away some of the frustration if you could see things were at least moving along.

Ericomy
Newcomer I

I wonder if that is something that if recommended enough times they one day will implement for others who will be going through this process in the future.
espanolito
Viewer II

I just got the certification. ISC confirmed receiving my application on May 7 and I got the certification on June 23

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Many congratulations @espanolito!

So yours took around 6 weeks and 5 days.

Seems it's holding steady at around 7 weeks - at least it's not increasing!

s3cm0n
Newcomer II

Submitted ISSAP endorsement on 5/15. Hoping to get it completed soon.

Rossva
Contributor I

So I’m now at 7 weeks and absolutely no movement. Phoned ISC2 this morning to be told ‘give it another 2 weeks and call us again’. Getting very fed up with this now. Come on ISC2 sort this out!
s3cm0n
Newcomer II

I received approval notification today. So the total wait was around 7 weeks and 5 days.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I suppose you have to factor in the 4th and 5th of July being holidays in the US, but it still seems as though the queue length is starting to climb again which is disappointing.

Congrats and welcome to the ISSAP club btw!