Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clane
Viewer

Youth Friendly and Safe Virtual Conference Tools

I am a Scout Leader and over the past few months I have been utilizing Zoom, Cisco Webex, Google and other virtual meeting tools not just for Scouts, but in my work life.

I am trying to get a read on the more safe option for use with a youth group.  We are using Zoom the most and we are advising the Scouts to assign a password and to ensure people connected have to be approved to join.

As long as we take these precautions i guess I can deal with risk.  However I was curious on other recommendations.  I went to check Safe and Secure online site, but there is nothing that points me in a direction of tools.

Thoughts?

1 Reply
CraginS
Defender I

@clane wrote:

I am a Scout Leader and over the past few months I have been utilizing Zoom, Cisco Webex, Google and other virtual meeting tools not just for Scouts, but in my work life.

I am trying to get a read on the more safe option for use with a youth group.  We are using Zoom the most and we are advising the Scouts to assign a password and to ensure people connected have to be approved to join.

As long as we take these precautions i guess I can deal with risk.  However I was curious on other recommendations.  I went to check Safe and Secure online site, but there is nothing that points me in a direction of tools.

Thoughts?

Christine,

While not aimed at youth groups, the advice from NSA is likely to help you decide on your options

See the announcement article Working from Home? Select and Use Collaboration Services More Securely

and the basic guide. May 7, 2020 update,

Selecting and Safely Using Collaboration Services for Telework - UPDATE

plus the more detailed version which explains the factors more completely,

Selecting and Safely Using Collaboration Services for Telework - UPDATE

Thank you for working with the Scouts. Good luck with them

Craig (former BSA Scoutmaster and registered GSUSA volunteer)

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts