cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjchalmers
Viewer

SaaS applications and data localisation

Hello all,

I am just reaching out to the community to see if there are any thoughts, ideas or guidelines on the following.

I am working with a couple of clients who are trying to build a global SaaS application replacing their existing on premise applications and we are running into the issue of how to ensure that data is kept within the borders of the country in which it originated.

To make it concrete.

One of the biggest clients would be EU based whereby GDPR would play an important role but some of their users are based in Russia which has slightly different or more stringent laws. Besides the fact that I don't see any "major" cloud providers there how do we ensure that application data is distributed and resides in the countries yet possibly accessible at a higher level for management and reporting?

Several other companies I know seem to struggle with this then end up just delivering an instance per region and extracting certain info via an integration tool to use in reporting. Another option I have seen is from https://incountry.com/

Perhaps there are other options and/or patterns people are looking at and they would like to share ?

Thanks in advance.

KR

Colin

0 Replies