Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Viewer II

Re: Your new annual membership Fee is now $125! How do you feel about that?

ISC2 has hit me with a largely unexpected $285 bill.

I'm thankful that my only planned courses and certification this year are with another organization.

Now, if I could just make some sense out of the payment/dues page...

Highlighted
Newcomer I

Regarding their payment/dues page:

I just figured it out. The 47% increase in our fees is so that they can fix that ridiculous page.

As I said in another post earlier today about the AMF screens; the early 1990s called asking for their code back.

You would really have to wonder about the mindset of the ISC2 board.

To think that a 47% increase was regarded as a good idea? I put it down to either the decision being made out in the hot Florida sun or a certain herb was introduced while they were eating at the last board meeting ...... meals that the members paid for.

Highlighted
Newcomer I

I'm not certain if anyone with any power at ISC2 is reading this.  But raising the AMF to $125 per year ($375 per certification cycle) is criminal.  Particularly considering that the ONLY benefit we receive from them is the certificate every 3 years and the ability to place letters behind our name. That ridiculous Member Perks app is a complete waste of time and money.

Having had my certification for almost 14 years I have invested $1190 in AMF fees alone not to mention the (unbillable) time spent in maintaining CPE's.  This will likely boost organizations like SANS.  Or, at least make folks perform a more critical value analysis.  

I know I will be evaluating whether to maintain my certification when it comes up for renewal next year.

I doubt anyone at ISC2 really cares about our opinions here.  But, I felt the need to vent.

Highlighted
Newcomer II

A 47% fee increase!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I thought surely I misread that when I first saw the e-mail. Came back later once my eyes cleared and was HUGELY DISAPPOINTED to see I did not misread anything.

I understand more and more why several highly respected cyber security professionals I know have nothing good to say about (ISC)2. I should have kept up my CompTIA Security+ cert active.

This is not required for my job, is not gaining me any tangible benefits, and at these renewal rates will cost $1,500 before I retire, not allowing for more near 50% fee increases, for a few letters that now costs $25/letter per year! 

I can definitely see where (ISC)2 greed will price them out of the market and eventually another cert will become a standard.

Highlighted
Newcomer II

Amen on the CEP and account pages being completely jacked up and from at least two decades ago! Maybe they'll get something right with the additional MILLIONS of dollars this 47% fee increase will bring in.....unless a few thousand people have had enough and leave and it ends up a wash at the bottom line.....