Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer I

Re: Your new annual membership Fee is now $125! How do you feel about that?

Thank you for the links!
Highlighted
Newcomer II

Well, in yet another move forward for ISC2, I had purchased a book for the CCFP certification and had planned to start self-study. Glad I checked the status, because they have already ended that program!

"The CCFP will be designated an inactive credential August 21, 2020. The credential will remain a recognized (ISC)² certification until that date."

Highlighted
Newcomer I

This cert has proven to be useless thus far (4 years in) and just a drain of time and resources. Game over.

Highlighted
Community Champion

@jsawyer773An interesting set of comments, but with insufficient information to process your claim or circumstances.  This is rather like stating I am a certified Cisco Engineer, but actually I work for Juniper or Palo Alto.  Can we at least have some more background, why the CISSP does not fit your actual situation or the why you came to this conclusion, so others can learn and advise others accordingly please?

Thank you

Hoping you will participate?

Regards

Caute_Cautim

Highlighted
Newcomer I

To summarize, I was quite interested in the security field and was working a lot with security projects and implementations in 2011-15, so I thought the next logical step was to get the CISSP to accompany (and compliment) my technical project management background (and PMP).

After a few months of study and prep, I spent several hours on a Saturday taking the painful exam...and passed. Since that time I've dutifully fulfilled CPE and AMF responsibilities...reading articles, attending webinars, reading the ideological member magazine, and paying dues on time. Over my short 4 years of membership, I've watched ISC2 materials (magazine, webinars) become less technical and more watered down... and there is also a much heavier push to sell pricey seminars in Orlando and Washington, DC with the promise of "up to 16 CPE's".

Forget using BrightTalk webinars for CPE credits...your contact information will be captured and resold to multiple vendors who will call and email you mercilessly...but don't click on the "unsubscribe" links in their marketing emails...every security "expert" knows that! Alas, What's a member to do?

As far as my career is concerned, this cert has been more of a decorative "nice to have" that takes a lot of time and money to maintain (especially now after the recent hike) with a dash of marketing and ideology thrown in. I'm just mildly disappointed, that's all.

Thanks for listening.