Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MD007
Newcomer I

Your new annual membership Fee is now $125! How do you feel about that?

I think this is disgusting.  I dont feel I got value for money when it was $85 now how do you justify $125?

Its extortionate. 

258 Replies
jabbathehut
Viewer III

The 50% increase does not reflect the improvement in service - however it may be used to fund the new leadership which has been appointed in 2019 - would be good to see some metrics as to what the new leaders are going to deliver !

cheungtsw
Newcomer I

The only improvement I want to see the price reduction. I don't want any additional improved content.
natters
Newcomer I

Agree also.
TrueMe
Newcomer II

Been around a while?

PDI builds on the successful 2018 pilot launch of three professional development courses”

Slightly different tone:

The multi-year strategy for PDI encompasses the addition of 18 new staff over the next two years, joining the more than 160 existing global employees of the association. These new staff will manage content development, curriculum building, quality control, communications, logistics and administration for the institute. The association will also build out a 765- square-foot video production studio in its Clearwater, Fla.headquarters to produce content for courses featuring leading cybersecurity professionals.

jamesmason
Newcomer I

So basically, the ISC2 is charging us to produce content that is readily available (and probably free online).

Fenix
Newcomer II

I'm in Forensics and the ideal certificate is SANS GIAC under the domain of Digital Forensics and Incident Response. ISC(2) used to have a Forensics Cert a few years back. It looked really good and unbiased.
jabbathehut
Viewer III

Sorry to say it has been retired - I agree it was a good course.

Sand
Viewer II

I am retired and paying $125 per year is a no brainier good bye Cert you have proven to be USELESS!

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

@Sand Well, if you’re retired then why did you kept the certification in the first place? It’s utility is really only there if you are working in the industry. If you wanted to you could go CISSP retired status and still keep the badge(which is frankly a bit pony*, but still makes  more sense than even the old 85 USD AM).

*UK colloquial for not really all that great.

Shannon
Community Champion

@Sand wrote:

I am retired and paying $125 per year is a no brainier good bye Cert you have proven to be USELESS!

I"m still employed, so I can't bid it farewell just yet... Man Frustrated

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz