Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer I

Re: Your new annual membership Fee is now $125! How do you feel about that?

I pay 429 every four years for my SANS Certs, and those feel like the only real competition.  So yeah, not surprised they're now about the same.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertwohllaib/
Highlighted
Contributor I

I'm Curious.

I have the option to renew the remaining years of my CISSP at the curent cost of $85, So I can take advantage of that and save some money.

If I were to earn a second certification before the deadline comes for the $125 "flat rate" would I be expected to pay my AMF at the current cost, say for a CAP or CCSP?

If that's the case it would mean shelling out twice, would it not?

Forgive me if this has been addressed, I'm currently catching up on the situation.

Highlighted
Contributor II

For the first part of the question me too curious to know. Technically it should not allow to pay for year 2020 and 2021 as per new policy, however website giving options. could be unnoticed bug in site.

For the second part of the question...

When you obtain more than one certification, the AMF will always be due on the cycle start date of the original certification. So if you have the CISSP and the cycle is February 1st through January 31st of each year, and then you obtain the CCSP in August, giving you a cycle start date of September 1st, the AMF will be due on whatever the cycle start date is of the first certification.  In this example, since the CCSP was obtained halfway through the year, the first AMF payment will not technically be due until 2020 when you go to pay the AMF for the CISSP. 

If you obtain the CCSP in the month of Jan, giving cycle start date of Feb 1st, then the AMF should be paid as per old policy i.e USD 85. Because, new policy of paying $125.00 each year for ALL certifications will come to force from July 1st. 

Mouli, CISSP
Highlighted
Newcomer II

iluomI think you have it.

Highlighted
Community Champion

@HTCPCP-TEA wrote:

I have the option to renew the remaining years of my CISSP at the curent cost of $85, So I can take advantage of that and save some money.

The email notification from (ISC)2 about the AMF and policy change included this section:

Starting January 23, 2019, members have until June 30, 2019 to pay any outstanding AMFs and the option to pay ahead for the remainder of their three-year membership cycle at the current rate for their certification(s). For example, members with a CISSP who pay an outstanding AMF for last year also can pay their 2019 AMF at the rate of U.S. $85, if they pay by June 30, 2019. Members who are due for renewal (members in the final year of their three-year membership cycles) between January 23, 2019 and June 30, 2019 must pay any outstanding AMFs and their 2019 AMF at the current rate before June 30.

I suppose that means that if you earned your certification last year, you can avail of the earlier AMF rate to pay for the remainder of the cycle years, if you pay before June 30, 2019. 

@amandavanceISC2, could you clarify this?

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz