Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netzwerg
Viewer II

Updated CPE Portal & Annual requirements

I just jumped on the portal to submit some CPE requests for podcasts.  It appears that the portal has a glitch that doesn't recognise that means it doesn't remove the 250-500 word "book review" requirement for the podcasts, which makes it quite painful to submit the request.  I have also found that if you are too close to either end (250 or 500), it glitches and tells you you haven't reached the 250-500 word limit.

248 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@MikeMuha Thank you for your suggestions! To confirm, we are currently working to make updates to both the CPE view and transcripts. Within the coming weeks, the CPE view will go back to a list and both the view and transcripts will be in date order and include the name of the activity and other information for each submission.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Fareed
Newcomer III

I have experienced every problem listed in this thread and then for the last month, for me, the CPE submission portal turned into a black hole. On login, I just get the message that "An internal server error has occurred (119852647)." Since this happened as I was coming to the end of my three year cycle, it caused enormous grief. I kept doing more and more CPEs in an attempt to make sure that I was well over the limit and wouldn't have any problems in case of an audit. Eventually after about a month of struggle and numerous emails to membersupport, I was told that I had more than enough CPEs - but not how many exactly. I was also told that the annual CPE requirement isn't being enforced anymore - which was a surprise. I have that in writing. At this point I have no clue how many CPEs rolled over. I have no idea if all the CPEs I did ever registered. And I can't add any new CPEs. Since I live outside the USA, I tend to depend on email for communication with ISC2 but I found that now there is no reply to form submitted online inquiries and I have to call multiple times to the USA telephone to get information. Calls to ISC2 Europe just ring and ring, or go to voicemail.

This morning I received a cheery email from you, Beth Paredes, extolling the upgrades to the CPE portal and that the enhancement process will continue until 2019. Ms. Paredes, are you unaware of the terrible issues with the CPE portal and that at this time, for myself at least, it isn't working at all? Are you unaware that the delightful folks at membersupport seem to be overwhelmed and even when reached have no answer to when something as simple as adding CPEs will be possible again - if ever? Please, you could help us by sending out emails discussing the steps being taken to mitigate the issues with the CPE portal. We don't need platitudes. I can't help but wonder how the CPE portal came out of test to go live with all these problems, but it seems now that there should be daily updates as to the status of the various issues. Transparency is required.

I also wonder what the ISC2 Board thinks about this situation? In doing my CPEs I watched a video about the ISC2 "Journey to the Cloud," which at this moment seems like a very poor trip. All the time I am spending struggling with the portal issues is time I am taking away from my family and I don't appreciate it. Please provide useful information in your future emails. I really don't need fake news. Thank you. 

Shannon
Community Champion

Hi Fareed,

I thought I was seeing the worst of it, but from what you posted it seems that I was looking at the tip of the iceberg.

Before the site was 'revamped,' I could carry out almost all activities with little or no assistance from Customer Support --- now I have to interact with them for just about everything.

From a change management perspective, one can't help but wonder whether the increased reliance on Customer Support has been an impact --- or was in fact the objective...    Smiley Frustrated Smiley Frustrated Smiley Frustrated Smiley Frustrated

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
N_Bakewell
Newcomer II

Good morning,

Under "Member Home", the bottom right box for "CPE Status" says "(Satisfied)", which is hyperlinked to the page:

https://www.isc2.org/isc2webportalredirect?dest=custom%2fcpereport.aspx

Which produces an error:

"You have reached a page that is no longer in service. If you would like to submit CPE credits, please visit www.isc2.org"

I'm not sure why this is doing it now, the CPE Status box used to say "0" for me a few days ago, then I watched some of the APAC Webinars, went back to check a few days later to see if the CPEs posted, but ran into the above situation.

Member HomeMember HomeError MessageError Message

CraginS
Defender I

Please add the report at 

CPE Status Box Error 

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Customer-Support/CPE-Status-Box-Error/m-p/11686#M2367 

to the list being built in this thread.

The CPE portal and it's cross-connection to the Members' Area both need serious work.

Thanks,

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
CraginS
Defender I

I've cross-linked this item to the longer thread describing multiple CPE portal and reporting problems at the Customer Support post

"Problems with CPE Portal "

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
kdaley
Viewer

I am in the same boat as Fareed, but luckily I had just completed my 3-year cycle. I'd like to start early at earning and adding CPEs, but cannot access the CPE portal at all. I've tried clearing the cache and cookies, and with multiple browsers, but get the same error message that Fareed sees:

An internal server error has occurred Error ID: 1689522088-30360 (119852647)

Any status updates on this would be greatly appreciated.

-Ken Daley

amandavanceISC2

@N_Bakewell Thank you for your inquiry. Please know, I will be responding to you via DM with information on your records.

Best Regards, 

Amanda Vance

erwindus
Contributor II

The internal server error has been on my screen for the last two months if I try to find my out how many CPEs are registered. Until a week ago, it told me I had to fullfil 7 CPEs for this year (ending 30 September). Today the status tells me I need 32 before 30 September 2019, but I still get the internal server error.

In the early years I kept my own record of CPEs which I stopped in this 3rd CPE cycle. I wish I hadn't .......

Shannon
Community Champion

I've been doing the same thing, maintaining a worksheet to track my CPE credits & AMF payments, with full details. I routinely compare it with the portal info to make sure there are no discrepancies & also periodically download my status reports. If I have to get Customer Support to clarify anything, I save the communication.

Essentially, a 'black box' to help deal with the site having become a 'black hole.'   

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz