Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netzwerg
Viewer II

Updated CPE Portal & Annual requirements

I just jumped on the portal to submit some CPE requests for podcasts.  It appears that the portal has a glitch that doesn't recognise that means it doesn't remove the 250-500 word "book review" requirement for the podcasts, which makes it quite painful to submit the request.  I have also found that if you are too close to either end (250 or 500), it glitches and tells you you haven't reached the 250-500 word limit.

248 Replies
Poskiparta
Viewer II

Hello, 

I also have lots of trouble with my CPE's showing up, and today I got an email saying I have 11 days left to submit my missing CPE's or my annual fees or my life as a CISSP is over (or something similar)

I cannot see my CPE's on my dashboard. Annual fees have been paid long time ago. Sometimes I have a brief flash in the screen that has a red dot and says "audit" but then it goes away. I contacted 'membersupportemea@isc2.org' earlier today and really hope they can fix this situation for me. 

I would not like to see my CISSP status slipping away from me because of non-working website (which was working fine before the update)

B.R. 

Simo Poskiparta

CISSP

Shannon
Community Champion

@Poskiparta first of all, please read all related articles / posts here to ensure you've been submitting your CPEs the right way --- the steps of which appear to defeat logic. If yes, then keep references / records of when you have made AMF payments, contacted membersupport@isc2.org for assistance, and when / how they reverted, --- coz if they worst happens, you should have proof of all this.

(Assuming there is no satisfactory response from membersupport@isc2.org, send @amandavanceISC2 a private message --- facilitating all details --- and she'll assist you.)

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
amandavanceISC2

@Poskiparta Please email me directly from your primary email address on file and include your member ID number and the issue and I will be happy to look into your account. Because you are past your expiration date, you will not be able to see any CPEs and the only way to submit them is by clicking "Save & Exit" and putting them into draft status. Once you finish that, please let me know and I will go in there and approve all CPEs.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

avance@isc2.org

Poskiparta
Viewer II

Hello, 

Big thanks to both of you! I managed to submit missing CPE's with "save and exit" strategy, although they did not show up as pending CPE's. 

I got email from membersupportemea, and they approved my (not showing) pending CPE's. Everything should be fine now, and I'm supposed to see my profile page correctly in one week. I'll be more pendant with the dates next time. 

I still think it's quite weird feature that members past their expiration date can't see their dashboard normally. 

B.R. 

Simo 

d73freeman
Newcomer I

This thread is like two years old and yet the portal is not reliable.  I have still having a real struggle uploading my CPE's without getting the dreaded "Something went wrong, Contact the Administrator."  Then I get a vague message a couple days later asking me if I'm still having problems.   

Its hard to say how many times I have to retry to get a success.   It is very stressful to try to do this.  I don't know if on Monday's that they just reboot the web server.  It doesn't appear that any real troubleshooting is going on. 

I would like a phone call from ISC2 and a reasonable explanation of what the problem is.  Are there any tricks?  Any web browser that works better than another.

I want to know why I can't save the pending cpe without the thing blowing up.  I get very, very tired of re-entering the information.   Does anybody have an explanation for what is going on?

tonyshiver
Contributor II

@d73freeman Sending a private message.

For questions or issues related to candidate/member services, please contact: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.
Fareed
Newcomer III

I am just a member of the Community - I don't work for ISC2 - but I will
give you my thoughts on this.
Chrome works better than other browsers and since I am outside the US, if I
start having major website issues I use a VPN.
Phone support out of North America is the best way to resolve issues.
I haven't been having major problems lately, although for a while it was a
nightmare on login.
At one point I was unable to load the CPEs and insisted that Customer
Service in Clearwater, Florida give me the contact email for the Customer
Service Manager. I sent her a list of the CPEs that were not loading and
she loaded them to my account all at one time while the developers worked
on the bugs.
I know it is frustrating to deal with these problems when so many other
things these days are a struggle.
Please escalate your issues and let me know if they get resolved. Here are
the telephone contact details for Customer Service North America Monday –
Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET +1-866-331-ISC2(4722) +1-727-785-0189
d73freeman
Newcomer I

I got that *one* fixed and had to have it manually entered by customer
service. She told me that she uploaded it through the website. I haven't
been able to upload since Nov 14th. Not very happy with the stress of
doing such a small thing.
Fareed
Newcomer III

I thought back to that time when I was having issues and I remember that
for a while I had to login and upload using a VPN. Have you tried that? I
really wish they would get an app at least for the CPEs. Glad you managed.
Happy Thanksgiving.