Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netzwerg
Viewer II

Updated CPE Portal & Annual requirements

I just jumped on the portal to submit some CPE requests for podcasts.  It appears that the portal has a glitch that doesn't recognise that means it doesn't remove the 250-500 word "book review" requirement for the podcasts, which makes it quite painful to submit the request.  I have also found that if you are too close to either end (250 or 500), it glitches and tells you you haven't reached the 250-500 word limit.

248 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@erwindus Thank you for reaching out and providing your feedback. We apologize for any confusion and inconvenience. Regarding the CPE View and transcripts, these are currently being updated and should go into effect shortly. We are changing the CPE view back to a list where you can see the information clearly as well as in date-order. This also goes for the transcripts. 

Unfortunately, we are still trying to locate the source of the error you are receiving as this is only happening to a few members. While we locate the problem, if you would like to send me your CPE details, I will be happy to assist in submitting these on your behalf. 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

avance@isc2.org

Beads
Advocate I

So far it only gets worse with 3 or more possible submission tracks. I will wait and see if this doesn't find itself resolved through the ISC(2) as a matter of normal business.

Why the need to fork to a full .PDF is beyond me.

Beads
Advocate I

Spawning a new .PDF just to view status? Doesn't appear any submissions from Brightalk have been approved yet, though Brightalk hasn't always been reliable in the past so I'll have to give it a full month before submitting manually.

Transitioning from one page to the next in the .PDF feels jerky or wrenching the next page, not smooth at all. Cannot see the end of type A and the start of type B on a single screen without the lurch.

Sorry folks, it does feel a bit clumsy in execution.

lschneiter
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello Dalx,
We will be making updates to what appears on the CPE Transcript. Need to include the name of the activity on the CPE Transcript.
Best -Laura
erwindus
Contributor II

Thank you Amanda for reaching out and explaining what is going on at the moment. Happy to provide more input once the CPE pages are updated.

I'll provide the CPE details in a private message to you.

Thanks again!

hdalton
Viewer

Hi All,

I too am having frustration with CPEs since the CPE system was upgraded earlier this month.

As of today, 20 April 2018:

I completed 15 credits online through ISC2 eSymposium between 12-15 April 2018 and none of those have transferred over yet automatically. 

If I go in to manual enter them the menu options do not match / I did not see ISC2 eSymposum or BrightTalk as an option to select.

If I view my "Active Transcript" the trainings taken are not sorted by date or title. In fact I did not see title of training anymore in this new CPE system.

Recommend to include field to show the title of training taken and also allow members to click on "Date" column header to be able to sort the trainings by date. That way we can sort our certificates of training by date, see the title of training,  and quickly see if they are entered into the CPE system or not, and not duplicated,

amandavanceISC2

@hdalton Thank you for providing your feedback. Typically CPEs are submitted within 5-7 business days; however, due to the CPE portal blackout between April 6-10, 2018, there is a slight delay in submitting the BlueSky and BrightTalk CPEs. Please allow until the end of next week to see these CPEs in your account.

We are working on updating the transcripts; these should be resolved soon and will be in date-order and easier to read. 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

terryathayer
Viewer II

I agree. I like this new look but I do not like having to search around to find something that was real simple before. I do not like the new list format. I just spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to add 2 CPEs for attending an (ISC)2 chapter meeting. Still can't find it, except in the "Submitted On Behalf" tab I can find it but can;t select it.

So, if someone can help me find out how to enter my CPEs for attending a chapter meeting I would appreciate that.

Thank you.

In case this reply does not know who I am:

Terry Thayer,   terryathayer@comcast.net

jim_wilson
Newcomer I

It's incredible that from ISC2, the organization that owns the CISSP and whose books all go over the SDLC process would release an application like this.  Was there no functional specifications or design first before programming this new CPE portal started?  Even basic user testing would have revealed all the flaws:

1. The cumbersome "card deck" look

2. The unsorted views both in the "card deck" and .pdf views

3. The inefficient interface

I echo the other opinions here.... while the previous look wasn't kept up to date, at least it was usable.  It's sad this was released.  ISC2 you need to resolve this and get the egg off your face quickly!  Thanks.

jim_wilson
Newcomer I

It's incredible that from ISC2, the organization that owns the CISSP and whose books all go over the SDLC process would release an application like this.  Was there no functional specifications or design first before programming this new CPE portal started?  Even basic user testing would have revealed all the flaws:

1. The cumbersome "card deck" look

2. The unsorted views both in the "card deck" and .pdf views

3. The inefficient interface

I echo the other opinions here.... while the previous look wasn't kept up to date, at least it was usable.  It's sad this was released.  ISC2 you need to resolve this and get the egg off your face quickly!  Thanks.