I just jumped on the portal to submit some CPE requests for podcasts. It appears that the portal has a glitch that doesn't recognise that means it doesn't remove the 250-500 word "book review" requirement for the podcasts, which makes it quite painful to submit the request. I have also found that if you are too close to either end (250 or 500), it glitches and tells you you haven't reached the 250-500 word limit.
Yesterday I noticed I can see the status of my CPE again after running into the 'internal error' for two months.
I managed to print the (still unsorted) transcript. Together with the screenshots from 'the card deck that fell on the ground' I managed to reverse-engineer my CPE list in date order.
It's a match with the evidence I keep myself
I also tried to add new CPEs. You have to carefully consider the options you choose and click on the save-continue button to get to the next step in the submission process, but in the end I managed to successfully add an entry.
I have to be honest: this is not a straight-forward process and it may not be a bad idea if the submission process is going to be documented in a step-by-step manual to prevent membership support becoming overloaded with requests to help our members in the submission process.
However, this should be a work-around, not a solution, because the CPE submission process should and can be made much easier. I'm happy to provide my input.
Today I checked and the CPE submission page is working again. Better late than never. Thank you,
@amandavanceISC2 - is there any update/outlook for when the SSO issue will be resolved? It's been quite a while now and I still can't log onto the portal to submit any CPE's or view what I've done?
Not to worry, I'm already in contact with Support. I just wanted to let others know they are not alone.
@MStockdale Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA on the SSO error. I can confirm they are still working hard to resolve this.
Yes, I track them in Excel, as they do not convey automatically. Imagine my surprise to find that now I have to enter presenters names and a synopsis or description of what was presented.
This new regime is terribly difficult to manage.
I have a spreadsheet of 40+ webinars to manually enter...
The new interface is extremely CLUNKY and inefficient. I managed to add one webinar I attended, but trying to navigate what has already been submitted was an exercise in sheer torture.
No obvious way to sort... items splashed on a page neither in alphabetical OR date order... so finding previous submissions (to make sure that they were there OR I wasn't re-submitting something) was horrendous.
Also what exactly am I supposed to do for webinars/seminars/podcasts that don't give a "certificate of completion"... since it appears ISC2 is demanding "proof" of completion.
In my NOT humble opinion, ISC2 dropped the ball BIG TIME on this abomination.
I really feel your frustration with the "proof" issue. As I mentioned in a previous posting, I actually take screenshots or snips throughout the presentation and save them in a related file so that I have proof. Yes, it makes the presentation take up to 50% longer to watch but it is the only way to get the proof I might need. I did write to ISC2 customer support on this issue and they said that there is a log of what you have watched that could be the proof you require. But that log isn't under my control and could disappear at any time. Also, it's not really proof that you watched the seminar/video. It's just proof that it ran on a computer. If you are going to reference the log as proof I would take a screenshot/snip as soon as you finish the presentation and keep it somewhere safe. All the best in overcoming your issues.