Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netzwerg
Viewer II

Updated CPE Portal & Annual requirements

I just jumped on the portal to submit some CPE requests for podcasts.  It appears that the portal has a glitch that doesn't recognise that means it doesn't remove the 250-500 word "book review" requirement for the podcasts, which makes it quite painful to submit the request.  I have also found that if you are too close to either end (250 or 500), it glitches and tells you you haven't reached the 250-500 word limit.

248 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

When that has happened to me, I have been able to resolve the issue by clicking "continue/edit" and stepping through the wizard again until reaching the last page and clicking "Submit" a second time.

It is almost as if I had clicked "Save and Exit".... although I could have sworn that was not the case.

rslade
Influencer II

@Rika wrote:

Despite attaching evidence and all necessary information is filled in CPE application,
some CPE applications have been staying as "Pending CPE" in the field of  "CPE that need attention" for several weeks.
Are there members who are experiencing like this condition?

Oh, yeah.  I've got 10 entries totalling 52 CPEs extending back over a month ...

(Just checked, and they are still all showing as pending ...)

Other posts: https://community.isc2.org/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/1324864413

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
amandavanceISC2

Thank you all for your comments and feedback. If anyone has CPEs in pending status, please send an email to membersupport@isc2.org with your member ID number and primary email address on file and we will be happy to approve your CPEs.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

rslade
Influencer II

@denbesten wrote:

When that has happened to me, I have been able to resolve the issue by clicking "continue/edit" and stepping through the wizard again until reaching the last page and clicking "Submit" a second time.

All has become clear.

As I have frequently said, the isc2.org Website has won "World's Least Intuitive Interface" for many years in succession.

As you work through the input screens (and unlike the old, and very clear, interface, nothing indicates all the info you have to supply) on the CPE portal, you are frequently presented with the option to "Save & Exit."  That is never the right option.  Never, never, never.  The only time to use that button is if you start to enter a CPE submission, and then find that you need to save all the extensive work you have done selecting buttons and radio buttons on the weird interface and leave the house to find information you need to submit.  "Save & Exit" is sort of a "save your work to this point" option (except that sometimes it loses some of what you have done).

At some points in the process you find a "Save & Continue" button.  Always push this one.

But you aren't finished until you find a "Submit" button.

I didn't realize this until @denbesten's reply here.  When he mentioned a "Submit" I realized I'd never seen one.  I'd entered everything I figured ISC2 needed, and then figured that I needed to "Save & Exit."  After all, I wasn't going on with anything else ...

(None of this is described in either the Handbook or the FAQ.)

Other posts: https://community.isc2.org/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/1324864413

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
denbesten
Community Champion

@amandavanceISC2, Presuming that @rslade's experience is typical, you might recommend updated wording to the developer, such as:

"<< Back"     leave as is.

"Next >>"      instead of "Save & Continue"

"Finish"         instead of "Submit"

"Pause"        instead of "Save & Exit".

amandavanceISC2

@denbesten Those are great suggestions! I will be sure to share this with management!

Regards,
Amanda Vance

MikeMuha
Viewer

While I like the new way to add CPE, I have suggestions around viewing CPE:

1. The page of CPE "tiles" that appears after pressing the "View" button needs to be sorted by activity date and offer a "List" option. As the page stands today, it is nearly impossible to determine if I have already added a CPE or to verify if I accidentally added a CPE twice.

2. The CPETranscriptPDF that shows up after pressing the "Active Transcript" Button also needs to be sorted by the date of the activity, plus it would be a better document if it also put in the subject or title of the activity (i.e., not just "Education course and seminar" but which course or seminar.

Both the tiles and transcript are of limited use the way they laid out today - the new pages should make it easier to manage CPE, not harder.

Thanks

Mike

Rika
Newcomer I

@denbesten

Thank you for kindly replying to my comments.
I was able to solve the problem in the way that you provided.
I am grateful that you have shared experiences.

Rika
Newcomer I

Hello, rslade.

Thank you so much for your detailed comment.
I had chosen "Save & Exit." It was wrong.
As you wrote, it was not right option to proceed submission.
We should to choose "Save & Continue" (instead of "Save & Exit." )>select radio button of relational area >"Submit"
I was able to solve the problem in the way that you explained.
I really appreciate that you shared your experience and knowledge.

I think that many people are experiencing the same problem, I hope that your detailed explanation will be described in an official FAQ or guide.

Rika
Newcomer I

Hello, amandavanceISC2
I could resolved my CPE registration problem with advice from
@denbesten
@rslade
@denbesten

and Thank you for your comment too.
I hope this typical registration steps information be shared on official FAQ or guide.