Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netzwerg
Viewer II

Updated CPE Portal & Annual requirements

I just jumped on the portal to submit some CPE requests for podcasts.  It appears that the portal has a glitch that doesn't recognise that means it doesn't remove the 250-500 word "book review" requirement for the podcasts, which makes it quite painful to submit the request.  I have also found that if you are too close to either end (250 or 500), it glitches and tells you you haven't reached the 250-500 word limit.

248 Replies
ljschneiter
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello DougP,

Please contact me at lschneiter@isc2.org and provide your CPE information so that I can look into this further for you.

Thank you -
Laura Schneiter
David_M
Viewer II

I have also been doing quite a number of Webinars over the last week as my first year cycle comes to an end on the 30th of May. I am getting X CPE's "(Due by {0})" and no change in CPEs outstanding amounts.
erwindus
Contributor II

@amandavanceISC2

@amandavanceISC2

4 Weeks ago, I sent my error message about the 'internal server error' to membersupport@isc.org and I got the reply that has been mentioned before (we're working on it, it happens to a number of people, you'll hear from us).

Today, the internal server error message still happens to me.

If (ISC)2 would just be a vendor of a product that others would sell as well, I would have replaced (ISC)2 a few weeks ago, but I can't. I've worked hard to obtain the certification some 8 years ago, got the necessary CPEs every year and I've paid my dues every year.

We're in it together and I'm expecting (ISC)2 to perform much better than it has for the last month. I've met all my obligations, what will you do to meet yours?

craigerGRC
Viewer II

How is it that some people are able to submit CPEs but others can't; some are blocked and some aren't; some complain and are told to be patient; is there a ticketing system of record where I could just submit my issue and be notified when it is resolved? I want to find out my CPE status and submit what I have earned since last time I was able to access the page.

amandavanceISC2

@David_M I will be happy to look into your records and explain what is needed. Please send me a DM with your member ID number and primary email address on file.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

avance@isc2.org

amandavanceISC2

@erwindus and @craigerGRC Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for the continued confusion and inconvenience. Please know, our team is still working hard to resolve these issues which are our number one priority. If you have any specific questions regarding your accounts or need assistance with anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly with your primary email on file and ID number and I will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

avance@isc2.org

fortean
Contributor III

Again, given the amount of reports here that there is something wrong with the software, I strongly advise to withdraw this version, re-instate the older version and do significantly more testing (and beta-testing) before rolling out the newer version.  I am especially worried about the CPE registration by CPE registars (like our Dutch Chapter), perhaps somebody can re-assure me that at least these bulk CPE registrations are processed?

--
Heinrich W. Klöpping, MSc CISSP CCSP CIPP/E CTT+
amandavanceISC2

@fortean Please know, we will not be re-launching the old version of the CPE portal but are working to make all updates needed. To confirm, the bulk CPE submissions are being submitted with no error.

Best Regards,
Amanda Vance

fortean
Contributor III

Thank you for reaching out.

Firstly, I'm very happy to hear that all bulk updates work as they should. Our secretary recently issued quite a lot of these and there are literally dozens of people out there that hope to see their CPE status updated. Apart from that, I'm also a member myself of course and my personal experience with the new software was not very good either.

Frankly, I am a bit disappointed by your statement that you will not revert to the older version. It fails me why you'd rather muddle along with this clearly not very well functioning setup. Sure, the old setup was not really a showcase for user interfaces either, but apart from that I never had any issues with it in the say 6-7 years that I used it, whereas the new software is still a nuisance - at best.

Horses and water. So I'll leave it there. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

--
Heinrich W. Klöpping, MSc CISSP CCSP CIPP/E CTT+
Chuxing
Community Champion

@fortean:

I agree with your assessment on the new portal. My guess is that there are some backend compatibility issues, possibly due to the the forklift migration, thus rolling-back is not an option. Just a guess.

That aside, the new portal has multiple serious issues, from functionality to usability. The UX design is not up-to-par, with non-intuitive buttons and flows, and vague verbiage to guide the users. 

The functionality, as we are all concerned about, is a serious problem. 

The usability such as loading speed requires significant improvement. This could be a potentially killer issue IMHO.

Nothing we as endusers can do, seems, but to wail and see.....