Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deephaze
Newcomer I

Renewal of CISSP

I've paid my dues and completed all my CPEs prior to the expiration date on June 30, 2019 but my certificate does not show as renewed.  I am required to maintain a certification to keep my accounts active at work.  Is there anyway to expedite the renewal process it's been over 3 weeks since I fulfilled the requirements and i haven't been able to work since June 30th.

I've also emailed ISC2 twice about this issue and no one has replied.

46 Replies
pateld
Viewer II

Hello @Kaity,

I have my CISSP certification expiring at the end of April. I've met CPEs and Maintenance Fee requirements. Is it possible to get a status update on the renewal process? Also, are renewal certificates generally sent out a few weeks prior to the certificate expiration?

Kaity
Community Manager

Hello @pateld - if you're set to renew April 1 (having met all CPE and AMF requirements), you'll be on our April list for kits. It's about 12 weeks for print/assembly/ship time total. We don't send any out ahead of time, even if requirements are fulfilled early. 

denbesten
Community Champion

As far as I can tell, the downloadable ("digital") certificate not updating will be your first clue of a problem.  If all goes well, it should be updated about a week *after* your certificate expires.  Shortly thereafter, Member Verification and the Digital Badges should be updated, followed by a new printed cert arriving in the postal mail 2-3 months later.  

The important thing to know is that they do not process your renewal until after your cert has expired.  From what I understand, renewals are processed in batches and there are manual steps that make it take a week or two before they can start the next batch.

I's sure that member services could validate your account status if you "need" an answer and are willing to wait through a call queue.

pateld
Viewer II

Thank you, @Kaity  and @denbesten for the responses. That clarifies my understanding of the renewal process.

Andre1
Viewer II

Hi Kaity, 

I paid my annual fees and submitted my CPEs. My certification was awarded on 19 NOV 2018, but has not renewed yet. Please advise. 

Thank you for your time and help.

mtheo
ISC2 Team

@Andre1 Thank you for posting your query about when your CISSP will be assigned another 3 year cycle. Please note that one of our Coordinators will be contacting you via the email listed on your account, in order to properly assist with your question.
Andre1
Viewer II

Thank you