Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deephaze
Newcomer I

Renewal of CISSP

I've paid my dues and completed all my CPEs prior to the expiration date on June 30, 2019 but my certificate does not show as renewed.  I am required to maintain a certification to keep my accounts active at work.  Is there anyway to expedite the renewal process it's been over 3 weeks since I fulfilled the requirements and i haven't been able to work since June 30th.

I've also emailed ISC2 twice about this issue and no one has replied.

46 Replies
Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

My certification is now reflecting properly and my AMF payment finally posted as paid and this status has held in the system for several days.   I know for a fact from the emails and telephone calls I received from (ISC)2 that the senior leadership in (ISC)2 is working this.     It is a big advantage that (ISC)2 actually has forums and responds to members, while this is expected of most professional organizations and is in fact how most operate; many of the other IT credentialing organizations do not operate properly.  IT needs to mature as a professional discipline in general.  This includes in every aspect.  

Respectfully,

Francis (Frank) Mayer, CISSP EMERITUS
Paulw_isp
Newcomer I

I have a similar issue - but my 3 years of having my CISSP is due to run out in January 2020. What do I need to do to keep the qualification/certification?

I have emailed member support several times but not had any replies apart from one saying was I happy with the response top my query - what response!

I assume I have to retake the CISSP exam, but it would be nice to know as I'll need time to book it in.

Thanks,

Paul

Kaity
Community Manager

Hello Paul! 

No need to retake the exam. Your certification "expires" in January 2020, but that just means that by January 2020 you will have needed to earn all the CPEs required for your certification. For CISSP, that is 120. And, of course, pay your AMF each year you're a member. As long as you continue to do that, you will renew your certification and not need to re-test again. 

I hope this helps - and I'm very sorry that Member Support has not replied yet. We are working to reduce response time, but obviously have a lot more work to do. 

deephaze
Newcomer I

Any update on my situation? It still displays my CISSP as lapsing in June even though I've paid the fees and taken all requisite 120 CPEs.  It says I'm passed due on my maintenance fees for next year but I don't want to pay $125 for a certification that hasn't even renewed from my last 3 years of payments and doing CPEs.

Kaity
Community Manager

I'm checking with the head of our member support team to see what the status is
GeneHughes
Newcomer I

I've contacted support a few times over the past 2 days, I had the same issue, unknown to me as I did my CPEs and paid my dues before my June expiration date, found out yesterday I owed this years due (no email notice to let me know that), and my certification had expired.

Support told me today that my "renewal" will run on a job set for 9/3, we'll see if that really happens...

Can't believe that it's gone 2 months with no notification that my renewal never went through and that my status shows as expired as of 6/30, really unprofessional imo

Kaity
Community Manager

Hi Gene,

If you'd like to PM me your email address (and if you're up for it), we can test your address to see why you weren't receiving our alerts about your account. I can assure you we sent many emails about the policy change before it went into effect, as well as notice emails with what payment was owed and when.

If you don't see your account status accurately on Tuesday, please feel free to PM me and I'll get with the team to correct it.
GeneHughes
Newcomer I

I received all the emails about the policy change up through 6/11, which that day I paid the dues as indicated on the member portal, and received a receipt that I paid the dues.  I also reported all the CPEs needed and made sure they were complete.

I've received ISC2 connect emails since then, but nothing related to my account, certification, or due fees since 6/11.

Looks like you are making sure my account has the correct email synced, so we'll see where that goes.  Not sure what changed between 6/11 and now or if that is even an issue, but we'll find out...

deephaze
Newcomer I

I'm still in the same situation as you Gene.  KaityEagle has been responsive and looking into it but no progress has been made that I have seen as of yet.  In my current position we can't be hands on keyboard on our systems without a valid certificate on file and myself and several co-workers are in the same situation waiting on ISC2 to renew our CISSP certificates.  Luckily things have gone smoother for coworkers renewing the CASP or Sec+ as they've been able to get those renewed successfully.

Kaity
Community Manager

Hi there! Checking in w/the team again this morning regarding your account.