Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrBenjamin
Viewer

How do I get CPE credit for self study after successfully passing the CISSP?

I have a CAP and recently passed the CISSP exam.  I've read that you can gain up to 30 CPE credits for doing so.  How do I get credit for the recently passed exam, or does ISC2 add this automatically?

5 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@MrBenjamin Congratulations on passing the CISSP!!! Members may submit up to 30 CPEs under the self-study category for the time spent preparing to obtain a new certification. With the new CPE portal, we do not currently have the "self-study" option listed, so please use the instructions below.

• Enter begin/end date
  • Check 'no' to (ISC)² offered event
  • Education (tab)
  • "Online webinar, podcast or other online training" - this can be used as the "self-study" category until the site is updated

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at avance@isc2.org or send me a DM on here.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

mw145891
Viewer II

@amandavanceISC2 - Resurrecting the 3-month old thread as I am in a similar situation.

Studied for and passed my CSSP exam today and want to add the CPE's.  When I followed the steps below I am not seeing "Online webinar, podcast or other online training".  Screenshot attached for reference.

@amandavanceISC2 wrote:

@MrBenjamin Congratulations on passing the CISSP!!! Members may submit up to 30 CPEs under the self-study category for the time spent preparing to obtain a new certification. With the new CPE portal, we do not currently have the "self-study" option listed, so please use the instructions below.

• Enter begin/end date
  • Check 'no' to (ISC)² offered event
  • Education (tab)
  • "Online webinar, podcast or other online training" - this can be used as the "self-study" category until the site is updated

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at avance@isc2.org or send me a DM on here.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

/begin screenshot from isc2 portal:

CPE missing self study.jpeg

amandavanceISC2

@mw145891 Congratulations on passing the CCSP and I apologize for the confusion. There is a small glitch with the categories at this time. Our team is working to get this resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can submit under the "Education Courses and Seminars" category for the 30 CPEs. Please just make a note in the review text box that you are using this category instead of the self-study option.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

x9
Viewer

Amanda - I've been trying to follow this workaround but the "Save & Exit" button is always greyed out. I believe all the fields are filled out properly and I've uploaded a file with notes and given it time.  I've used the "Request Assistance" a few times but have not received any response.  I was able to submit a CPE some time ago using this workaround but several other times I've encountered this issue with the button greyed out.  What am I doing wrong?

cpe_self_study_podcast_button_greyed_out.PNG

amandavanceISC2

@x9 Thank you for reaching out! It looks like you are clicking 'Yes' to the second step of the CPE process which asks if the submission is sponsored by (ISC)². This field unfortunately is not working properly, so you'll have to check 'no' to that question. Please try resubmitting using those instructions. Once you click no, you will see 4 tabs (Contributions to the Profession, Education, Professional Development, and Unique Work Experience). For podcasts, these would fall under the Education tab. 

1. Enter begin and end date

2. Select 'no' to the event being sponsored by (ISC)² (even if it is)

3. Education (tab)

4. "Online webinar, podcast and other online training" (this is also our "general category" so anything you're not sure about where to submit you can use this category).

Best Regards,
Amanda Vance