Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mencik
Contributor III

Certification Stats

I know that there are stats for the various certifications posted at https://www.isc2.org/About/Member-Counts and are updated twice per year.

My question is how many people hold both the ISSEP and the ISSAP? Is it possible to find out that number? I assume that some number of the 1256 ISSEP holders are also among the 2147 ISSAP holders. I'm curious how many.

Thanks,
Steve Mencik

43 Replies
ravtek
Newcomer I

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the link.
What order are listings in? At first I thought they were in alphabetical country names then I saw the order of the CISSP listings appears to be a little muddled.

Ravi
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

It does seem a little random, but it appears to be largely alphabetical within regions.

i.e.

Alphabetical list of countries in Asia Pacific
Alphabetical list of countries in Europe, Middle East, Africa
Alphabetical list of countries in Latin America
Alphabetical list of countries in North America

NB - not sure why, but there are some outliers which get tacked onto the end of the regional lists out of alphabetical order.

JoshK
Newcomer I

@Kaity - Would you happen to have the stats on members with ISSMP & ISSEP? And perhaps members that hold all 3 CISSP concentrations?  I know there is stats for the trinity from last year in this thread but was wondering how it is looking for 2022.

Kaity
Community Manager

Hi @JoshK - sorry for my delay on this! 

50 individuals hold both CISSP-ISSEP and CISSP-ISSMP. Some of those folks have additional certs beyond those 2, but not the CISSP-ISSAP

For all three concentrations, 87 individuals hold CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP and CISSP-ISSMP - again, some have more than those 3.

JoshK
Newcomer I

@Kaity - thank you for the updated stats! The concentrations were my primary focus for the statistics.

JoshK
Newcomer I

@Kaity - I noticed the number of holders of all three concentrations dropped from 107 to 87 from last year's post (page 2 on this thread). Did members just not renew their certificatations?
Jak3676
Viewer II

Interesting. I just provisionally passed the ISSAP, that was my last concentration. I would have expected there to be more by now, not fewer.
MBrysonII
Viewer III

@Kaity 

Fast-forward two-years, I was curious what the pulse is on these metrics. Is there a searchable DB or are you able to refresh the previous metrics? 

Please advise. 

Kaity
Community Manager

Hello! 

This information is proprietary and so is no longer shared for public consumption. If you are in need of specific numbers for your chapter, your organization, etc., please do reach out to our support team with your request and they can assist.  

mencik
Contributor III

Wow! In addition to keeping the business of the organization secret by not publishing Board meeting minutes, now the organization will not even publish certification stats? What has become of ISC2?