Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mencik
Contributor I

Certification Stats

I know that there are stats for the various certifications posted at https://www.isc2.org/About/Member-Counts and are updated twice per year.

My question is how many people hold both the ISSEP and the ISSAP? Is it possible to find out that number? I assume that some number of the 1256 ISSEP holders are also among the 2147 ISSAP holders. I'm curious how many.

Thanks,
Steve Mencik

22 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Re: Certification Stats

It's not really feasible to try and find that out without asking ISC2 directly.

I did a search on LinkedIn and it came up with 226 but there's a multitude of reasons why that's an incredibly inaccurate way of measuring.

I know 4 people on here who do (including myself and you), and 1 in real life (other than myself), so I can confidently say it's at least 5.

mencik
Contributor I

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

It's not really feasible to try and find that out without asking ISC2 directly.

That's why this message is in the Member Support area. 🙂

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

There's a subtle difference between posting on the Community and asking ISC2 directly.

@Kaity - is this information that can be released please? How many members hold both the ISSAP and ISSEP?

Beyond that, it would be really interesting to see all the multi-cert stats published as part of the member counts.

mencik
Contributor I

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

There's a subtle difference between posting on the Community and asking ISC2 directly.

Silly me for thinking that a message board labeled "Member Support" would be monitored by ISC2 Staff to provide "Member Support".

Kaity
Community Manager

Good morning everyone,

Member counts are available here by certification: 

https://www.isc2.org/About/Member-Counts

That page is updated twice a year, so it's not necessarily accurate in this EXACT moment, but it's fairly accurate. 

mencik
Contributor I

@Kaity 

Please note I referenced that page in my original question, so that does not answer it.

I want to know how many people have BOTH ISSEP and ISSAP.

The Member Counts only give how many have the individual certification.

Kaity
Community Manager

Sorry for the misunderstanding @mencik. I am asking for this info and hope to be able to share! 

mencik
Contributor I

Thank-you.

Kaity
Community Manager

Hi @mencik 

Thanks for your patience as I retrieved this information. I found this to be pretty interesting! 

We have 85 members who hold both the CISSP-ISSAP and CISSP-ISSEP concentrations. Some of them hold other certifications as well, aside from the CISSP. The number of folks who hold only CISSP-ISSAP, ISSEP is 55. 

We actually have 107 members who hold all three CISSP concentrations! Many of them hold additional other certifications, as well. The number who hold only CISSP-ISSAP, ISSEP, ISSMP is 30.

Finally, just for giggles - we have FOUR members who hold all nine (ISC)² certifications!

I don't have any of the information about who these members are (location, how long they've been certified, etc.). So, there's not a ton of questions I can answer about this, but if you need clarification, let me know.