Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbuitron
Contributor I

Can a company search to verify a CISSP by First Name \ Last Name?

Hello ISC2 support,

Can someone search for a CISSP verification by the certified person's first name and last name? Also, has the verification section been moved since ISC2 updated their website?

I am still learning how to get around in this new interface.

Dr. Jan S. Buitron, DCS
Doctorate of Computer Science in CyberSecurity
Master's of Science in CyberSecurity, Valedictorian
MSIA, CISSP, MCSE
ITIL v3, v2, Network+
IBM Power Systems certified for AIX and Linux

8 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Nope, you need their last name and their member ID.

The verification link can be found on the main site. It was recently moved from the certifications drop down menu to the members drop down menu.

Or you can access it via this link:

https://www.isc2.org/MemberVerification

JKWiniger
Community Champion

And this is why I laugh when people post their pass reports on LinkedIn but blackout their ID! The only thing I know it can be used for is to verify them as certified in the system, so why not show it?

John- 

denbesten
Community Champion

@JKWiniger wrote:

And this is why I laugh when people post their pass reports on LinkedIn but blackout their ID! The only thing I know it can be used for is to verify them as certified in the system, so why not show it?

John- 

Your member-ID can also be used to reset access to your (ISC)² accounts.  

Incidentally, passed≠certified.  Posting a "pass report" is little more than celebration/gloating. 

JKWiniger
Community Champion

@denbesten lets dig into this.. if I goto the web site and say forgot password it asks for my email address and then sends me a reset link. So where are you seeing that it can reset my account?

And yes, it might be a little more than celebration/gloating, but it is a hard test, so why not!

John-

denbesten
Community Champion

See this post.  Amanda is using it in just that way.

csjohnng
Community Champion

@jbuitron 

Not directly asking for your question.

There are ways to give someone to verify a certificate (including CISSP). And a good way is via digital badges, the acclaim platform.

This is where the candidate (holder of cissp) does not need to expose their member id but still allow the public or the counter part to verify the certification.

John
csjohnng
Community Champion

@JKWiniger 

People post their pass report (or certificate ) on LinkedIn and blackout their ID is just to show yes, I did it, period.

That's not for the sack of let you or reader to verify their certification in any system.

Normally I will just share the acclaim digital badge in linkedlin update rather than posting the picture with blackout ID, but maybe pic is more interesting / compelling , more attracting your eye ball attention

🙂

John
AppDefects
Community Champion

@jbuitron wrote:

Hello ISC2 support,

Can someone search for a CISSP verification by the certified person's first name and last name?

15 years ago you could. Not today.