Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_Saputo
Newcomer I

CAP Endorsement Job Evidence

I recently passed my CAP examination and was looking at the endorsement form.

At the end of the endorsement is a section to upload proof of employment from the job you are using as a reference for work experience.

The requirement is:
“ Examples of proof of employment include employment contracts, letters, and other documents on company letterhead showing the dates you worked at the company.”

I was at my at my last job for 10 years and stopped working there 5 years ago. How do I get proof from that position? I don’t have access to them anymore.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
5 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

Jason,

Have you arranged for someone you know to endorse you, or are you asking that (ISC)2 endorse you? If you have a colleague who is an (ISC)2 member as your endorser, you only need to provide whatever that person feels necessary. Talk to that person to confirm willingness to endorse, and proceed accordingly.

If you are asking for (ISC)2 HQ to handle the endorsement, then we need @tonyshiver to weigh in here with authoritative advice.

Good luck.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
J_Saputo
Newcomer I

That's a good idea, Craig. I will reach out to some associates and see if they would be willing to endorse me. I've generally used the ISC2 endorsement so this time I had not considered asking someone.
tonyshiver
Contributor II

@J_Saputo It sounds like you have an endorsement plan!  Good to hear.  If you have trouble finding an associate, then you can certainly request that (ISC)2 endorse your application.  Just be sure to note that on your endorsement application.

Good luck!

Tony Shiver

Manager, Member Services

For questions or issues related to candidate/member services, please contact: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.
J_Saputo
Newcomer I

It sounds like there is still a problem of (ISC )2 receiving exam results from Pearson Vue. Is there any end date in sight or pending resolution? I passed the CAP test on 04 August 2020 and have not received the official confirmation e-mail so I can begin endorsement.
tonyshiver
Contributor II

@J_Saputo 

The transmission of exam results from Pearson Vue can take up to 5 business days.  There are instance, however, when exam results are delayed.

Further information about receiving your CAP exam result is available here:

https://www.isc2.org/Register-for-Exam

After navigating to that page, please see the section entitled "Results Reporting".

As you will see in that section about psychometric analysis of exams, "[d]epending on the volume of test takers for a given test, there may be times when scores are delayed for approximately six to eight weeks to complete this critical process".

I hope this helps!

Tony Shiver
Manager, Member Services

For questions or issues related to candidate/member services, please contact: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.