Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denbesten
Community Champion

BrightTALK CPE auto submissions.

Earlier this week, a webinar actually auto-submitted its CPEs for me. This is unusual in that BrightTALK "never" does that for me.

The thing I did differently was to open it from https://www.isc2.org/News-and-Events/Webinars/ThinkTank and let the web site redirect me to BrightTALK to start the webinar.

My normal behavior is to go directly to the BrightTalk (ISC)² channel (or some other channel) and select the webinar I was interested in. This has been my normal way of viewing and also appears to be why auto-submit "always" fails for me.

I got in the habit of going directly to bright talk because it allows me to view in "Theater Mode" (full-window) in addition to the "tiny slides" or "full screen" offered by the  <FRAME> approach used by (ISC)².

Now I know. Either start at the (ISC)² site or file the paperwork on my own.

13 Replies
darknetone
Viewer II

I just now tried to submit two which worked finr then I tried to submit two more and neither of this went, they went to draft. The submission process feels like it is broken. This is not fun and is un-nerving given that I would like to maintain my cert.

shrivaa
Viewer

I have comepleted my webinars in the past with BrightTalk and they have auto updated my CPEs. However, I do not see it happening any more. When I log into BrightTalk, I cannot see my CISSP ID anywhere in my profile. Am I missing something?

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

When you first register with BrightTALK you get the opportunity to enter your ISC2 member ID. However, that field never gets shown again from that point on. It is still there and should allow CPEs to be added on your behalf. The fact this is not currently happening is probably more to do with issues on ISC2's side than issues on the BrightTALK side. I'd just add the CPEs manually following the steps in this link:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/CPE-not-getting-credited-automatically/m-p/21405#M4085

If you notice they do get added automatically later on meaning you have duplicates just delete the duplicates.