Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannon
Community Champion

AMF hike rolled back?

I received an email from management@isc2.org yesterday, confirming that my CISSP has been renewed for another 3 years.

When I made the payment, the due amount was stated as 85 USD --- with regards to paying @ 85 USD for all 3 years in advance, I was given the impression that this wasn't an option since mine was a renewal, and not for a certification earned the last year. I'll quote an email and a post on this site: -

Members who are due for renewal (members in the final year of their three-year membership cycles) between January 23, 2019 and June 30, 2019 must pay any outstanding AMFs and their 2019 AMF at the current rate before June 30.

Shown below is the email I received, which states it's 85 USD per year. Does this mean I'll get to pay 85 USD in 2020 and 2021, or is this a notification that (ISC)2 forgot to update? @amandavanceISC2, please clarify...

Email from management@isc2.org.png

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
16 Replies
Shannon
Community Champion

@csjohnng wrote:

So "forget" it, regardless of which year your are in , their descriptions or text on the "last" year of certification cycle is actually not a good example.

Yes, the way it was worded caused confusion --- at least for me. Anyways, I've forgotten about it, having paid the complete cycle fees at the current rate...

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@csjohnng wrote:

I have called up the representative from local ISC2.

The so called "option to pay at the end of 3 year certification" is gone.

So "forget" it, regardless of which year your are in , their descriptions or text on the "last" year of certification cycle is actually not a good example.

For me, I am holding CISSP (cycle start in late April) and CCSP (cycle start in late Oct).

After discussing with the representative, she gives me tips and information and so I will pay up (before June)

2018-2019 CISSP - US$85

2018-2019 CCSP - US$100

2019-2020 CISSP - US$85

and likely prepaid

2020-2021 CISSP - US$85

which make both my certification current till 2021.

John

https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-ng/

I was under the impression that the offer to pay all years of your current certification cycle at the current rate applicable to the certification only applied to members that hold a single certification.

As someone who holds more than one certification you're already benefiting from the move to a flat rate of $125 per year regardless of the number of certifications held.

Effectively, you're saying they're writing off your entire CCSP fees for the next two years and discounting your CISSP fees - I'm not sure that's correct, but would love to be proved wrong as I would benefit from this myself!

@amandavanceISC2  - Hi Amanda, please can you clarify if @csjohnng has been advised correctly?

csjohnng
Community Champion

@AlecTrevelyan 

Please excuse i am not a native speaker ( a bit lengthy message).

I will try to explain from what i have been told from the locally call with ISC2 rep  ( which she was glad i did call and it was also difficult for themselves to understand this change initially).

Of course i think it's would be better for you to call up ISC2 to clarify (don't just trust me) where i find verbal communication is more effective.(where writing provides a more official "audit trail").

Yes. Because i have to pay the outstanding AMF for CISSP and CCSP for 2018-2019 which requires me to settle this the first 2 payment, US$85 and US$100.

Because the AMF policy change, mean I have to pay the CISSP (at the beginning the cycle) , ie before June 2019, to cover the AMF 2019 April - 2020 April, and by Oct 2019 because the new AMF policy is already in effect (July 1,2019), this means my "membership" or CCSP certification is already secured/current.

Clearly ISC2 allow members to "prepaid" up to 3rd year (before June 31 2019), where i can prepaid 1 year for my CISSP April 2020- April 2021 for my situation. Assuming there is no further change in AMF policy , then i will be paying my AMF $125 @ April 2021 for the period of 2021-2022.

Of course you can choose to prepaid a more "expensive" AMF like CCSP (or both) as well instead just of CISSP (if you hold more than 2 cert). With knowing what's the new AMF, you won't do this for sure.

Yes, i am taking even more benefit US$85 (not us$125, not $85+$100) instead of the flat rate to cover AMF in 2020-2021. Like what you've said, I am "writing off" the CCSP by just paying single CISSP AMF in advance ((you also need to be cautious which AMF matures first).), which i have never though about before my calling to the local isc2 and i have the same though like you, paying us$125 next year.

I can even go to 1 further extreme:

What i did not ask is if i go for concentration like CISSP-ISSAP (say taking exam in May or June for safe), take another 6-8 weeks for ISC2 to review my self "endorsement" , the certification granted say after July 1, i should be virtually paying no additional AMF for this.

Hope this will help.

John

John
csjohnng
Community Champion

@Shannon 

I would agree what they put in parentheses "(members in the final year of their three-year certification cycles) " are not just meaningless but mis-leading as well creating un-necessary confusion.

And I am reminding my friend who are ISC2 members as well.

You need to settle the outstanding AMF regardless of which year of certification cycles you are in if you want to stay in the game.

John

John
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Yes, the rules are very confusing when you have multiple certifications which all have different cycle dates. As such, I would be wary of what you're being told on the phone, but I guess this could come down to the nuances of the new policy and how cycle start dates play into this.

If what you're being told is correct in your instance then that's great, but I don't think it applies to me. (Which is silly if true as things should be consistent for everyone!)

I have already paid the $185 for my CISSP and CCSP to bring me in line with the new AMF policy, and the website tells me my next payment will be $125 when my longest held certification annual cycle date is due in August.

In terms of the point you raised about a new CISSP concentration, I was endorsed as an ISSEP in Feb but was not required to pay the $35 for this year, and of course this will be covered by the $125 going forwards.

It would be very good value for you if any further certifications are covered by your $85 prepayments!

amandavanceISC2

@AlecTrevelyan Thank you for your message. At first glance, the information does look correct; however, everyone's account is different and so I would have to give guidance individually. This is also a privacy issue, so I would need the individual to email me directly from their primary email on file and include their member ID number.

Best Regards,

Amanda

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Thanks Amanda,

I was really asking for myself - I'll send you an email with the requested details. 🙂