Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannon
Community Champion

AMF hike rolled back?

I received an email from management@isc2.org yesterday, confirming that my CISSP has been renewed for another 3 years.

When I made the payment, the due amount was stated as 85 USD --- with regards to paying @ 85 USD for all 3 years in advance, I was given the impression that this wasn't an option since mine was a renewal, and not for a certification earned the last year. I'll quote an email and a post on this site: -

Members who are due for renewal (members in the final year of their three-year membership cycles) between January 23, 2019 and June 30, 2019 must pay any outstanding AMFs and their 2019 AMF at the current rate before June 30.

Shown below is the email I received, which states it's 85 USD per year. Does this mean I'll get to pay 85 USD in 2020 and 2021, or is this a notification that (ISC)2 forgot to update? @amandavanceISC2, please clarify...

Email from management@isc2.org.png

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
16 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

My understanding(I could be wrong) is that you have the option to pay to the end of you certification cycle at your current rate. So if you had three years then this would seem to fit.

Because of the flip over from arrears to advance, I had to pay 370 USD for the two years till it goes down to 125 - if I had of had the option to pay a third year, for the cert cycle I wouldn’t have taken it.

I’ve just picked up another 100 USD for CSSLP, but that’s not factored in as it was after the change.

Expensive year to hold multiple certs, but it you do it makes sense assuming you’ll be working for more than 10 years.

Shannon
Community Champion

@Early_Adopter wrote:

My understanding(I could be wrong) is that you have the option to pay to the end of you certification cycle at your current rate. So if you had three years then this would seem to fit.

It says that members who have to renew their certification between January 23, 2019 and June 30, 2019 can avail of the earlier rate for the 2019 AMF --- which I suppose means the AMF will be 125 USD for the rest of the cycle. (At least that's how I understood it.)

I had to renew mine before the end of February 2019, so I would fall into that category. Anyway, @amandavanceISC2 will enlighten us on this...

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

That's the standard renewal email. I suspect the template they use for it just hasn't been updated.

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

When I renewed I had an option to select each year individually, so in my certification cycle (about 18 months to go) I needed to select two years - if you had more years at 85 USD, and assuming you wanted to renew it would make good sense to max it.

Amanda however can give us the cannon lore... 

denbesten
Community Champion

Count your blessings.  Since your certification cycle starts Mar 2019, you have the option of loaning (ISC)² money in exchange for delaying the impact to you.  The unfortunate members who's cycle starts August 2019 have no such opportunity.  I do believe that (ISC)² could have played this better if everyone had been allowed to pay up to two years in advance, not just those lucky enough to have their cycle start at the right time.

Keep in mind that the only thing today is that they have announced a rate increase effective July 1st.  The rate has not yet changed.

amandavanceISC2

@Shannon It technically depends on when a cycle starts/ends for each individual member. If you are in a current three-year cycle that expires after June 30, 2019, you can pay the current rate up until June 30, 2019. If you recently renewed or started a new three-year cycle, members will have up until June 30, 2019 to pay all three years at the current rate. Technically, only the first year would be due at the start of the three-year cycle, but to save a little money, they have the option to pay at current rate, up until June 30, 2019.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Shannon
Community Champion

@amandavanceISC2 wrote:

It technically depends on when a cycle starts/ends for each individual member. If you are in a current three-year cycle that expires after June 30, 2019, you can pay the current rate up until June 30, 2019. If you recently renewed or started a new three-year cycle, members will have up until June 30, 2019 to pay all three years at the current rate. Technically, only the first year would be due at the start of the three-year cycle, but to save a little money, they have the option to pay at current rate, up until June 30, 2019.

@amandavanceISC2, in my case, with my certification having to be renewed by 28 February 2019 would it have been an option for me to pay for all 3 years (2019, 2020, & 2021) at 85 USD, for a total of 255 USD..?  (I've already made the payment for a single year, but I want to know if I'd understood it correctly)

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

amandavanceISC2

@Shannon Yes, since your cycle start date would be March 1, 2019, you will have the option to pay $85.00 for the next three-year cycle as long as you make the payment prior to June 30, 2019. If you wait, your second year AMF will be due March 1, 2020 for $125.00. If you pay all three years now, you will save around $120.00 for the three-year cycle.

Best Regards,

Amanda 

csjohnng
Community Champion

I have called up the representative from local ISC2.

The so called "option to pay at the end of 3 year certification" is gone.

So "forget" it, regardless of which year your are in , their descriptions or text on the "last" year of certification cycle is actually not a good example.

For me, I am holding CISSP (cycle start in late April) and CCSP (cycle start in late Oct).

After discussing with the representative, she gives me tips and information and so I will pay up (before June)

2018-2019 CISSP - US$85

2018-2019 CCSP - US$100

2019-2020 CISSP - US$85

and likely prepaid

2020-2021 CISSP - US$85

which make both my certification current till 2021.

John

https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-ng/

John