cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LFADSA
Viewer II

CISSP NDA - Refused - Help

Hello All,

I am based in the UK and attempted to write the CISSP exam on the 19th of December 2020. Got to the test centre, was the first one to arrive even before they opened. Was called to perform the initial checks (photo, signature, proof of ID and so on) with the first person. You usually have to see the second person, where you usually have to show your ID again and that person tells you where to sit in the exam room. But immediately as I got there before doing anything, I asked to go to the toilet. So went to the toilet and came back to see the second person to finally go into the exam room to start the exam. I show my ID again and was told to sit at table X. When I get to the computer, I see a message on the screen saying that the time to accept the NDA had timed out and consequently I got refused to write the exam. I immediately called the person just outside the exam room, when he got there he says "oh, I have never seen this before...". 

So I think he was making up excuses because he started the exam without my knowledge most likely hence why when I got there the NDA had already timed out.

I was really frustrated as you can imagine, you spent months preparing for this exam, spending little time with my family and going through all the stress.

An incident was raised and because it was a Saturday, there was not much I could do as Pearson Vue were closed. So the following Monday I called Pearson Vue and they told me that they would investigate and provide feedback within 48 hours usually.

Waited for 3 days and no feedback. Called them again and was told to wait another 2 days.

This has been ongoing until today (almost 1 month has passed now) unfortunately, without any proper feedback. I have sent them numerous emails and called them so many times, spending countless hours on the phone while they check all the notes and contact people and so on.

Despite all this effort, all I get is "we apologize for the inconvenience, we are investigating, please wait another X days/hours".

I am VERY frustrated with this and with such TERRIBLE customer service, what an awful experience. Have any of you had a similar experience with Pearson Vue please? I would really like to get this escalated, but unfortunately looks like I have ran out of ideas/options.

Apologies for the long post but do you have any more ideas please? What else do you think I could do? Would really appreciate your help if possible.

Many Thanks!

11 Replies
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

For proper assistance, please contact Member Support Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET
+1-866-331-ISC2(4722)
+1-727-785-0189
membersupport@isc2.org

ISC2 Community Manager
mofi
Viewer III

I had the same experience today and now waiting for a response from Pearson Vue. The testing center team had blank look on their face - expressing they never saw something like this - exam being refused because the candidate did not respond to an NDA within the stipulated time. After reading the LFADSA's experience I feel sorry for the person. ISC2 expects very high professional ethics and standards from their certified professionals but do they practice their preaching? I am waiting and will post my update soon.
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@mofi 

For proper assistance, please contact Member Support Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET
+1-866-331-ISC2(4722)
+1-727-785-0189
membersupport@isc2.org

or visit https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us to contact an office in your region. 

ISC2 Community Manager
mofi
Viewer III

@LFADSA

Is your issue addressed by ISC2 yet?

I have been waiting for the past two weeks and now need to approach my local civil court (https://www.accc.gov.au/) to get the issue addressed. Pearson Vue is a service provider for ISC2 and we are ISC2 clients. We pay for exams so they have a duty of care which I believe doesn't exist in practice at ISC2. I'll wait until the end of tomorrow my local time and file a civil case against ISC2 for abuse of exam policies, unprofessional and unethical conduct, and lack of duty of care. I am sure you and I are not the isolated cases and there must be other countless candidates who have faced similar issues. I will ensure I spread awareness about ISC2's unprofessional conduct on social media which will help aspiring candidates and existing certified professionals to understand what is in practice and in the book for ISC2. 

LFADSA
Viewer II

The issue here is Pearson Vue, they are terrible and have a very bad customer service. Can you imagine that after 6 weeks of waiting while they were investigating my case, they eventually told me that there was nothing they could do?! So basically was going to lose all the money and would have to pay from my own money for the next exam... Despite me telling them all the time to confirm the issue through their cameras as that would clearly show that it was not my fault!

In the end had to contact ISC support which were really helpful and within 1 week I received a voucher to re-book the exam.

1 month later I had my exam again, and finally passed! It was a relief to get this issue and exam out of the way!

ToniHahn
Contributor I

Do you have a Pearson VUE case number?  Have you called (ISC)2 member services with that case number?

BDClink
Viewer II

Same happened to me also. Contacted ISC2 and they told me the same also. Civil court sounds like a good move to me also. I didn't even get to touch my computer before I got kicked out of the test.
bpdelacruz
Newcomer III

Are you going to re-set for the CISSP exam?

bpdelacruz
Newcomer III

@LFADSA, any updates on this issue?