cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter92
Viewer

CPE

Good day

I have two questions about the CPE. When does the three-year period in which one must acquire the CPE begin? Immediately after certification or when the membership is issued? Or only from the new year (Passed the CISSP yesterday - so the 1.1.2023 with me?)

Furthermore, I would like to inquire whether the following is possible:
Example:
I have the CISSP and the SSCP certification. Now I do a Self Study Security Exam (example CCSK) in value of approx. 20CPE. Am I allowed to add this to both certifications (CISSP and CCSP) (it is a Secuity certification which covers topics from the CISSP and CCSP certification)?

Thank you very much for your information.
1 Reply
denbesten
Community Champion

Look on your certificate (digital copy here).  It shows the "certification cycle" in the bottom right corner.  These are the dates during which the CPEs need to be earned.

Regarding double-credit, please see page 10 of the CPE Handbook.  I believe the same rule applies, regardless of the "type" of CPE.

And, since you "passed the exam" yesterday, your next step is to complete the endorsement and pay the AMF.  After that you become certified and are a "member".  Normally, it takes about a month for all of this to complete and then your cycle starts on the first day of the following month.