cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sangoprime
Newcomer I

Whats Next After CC

Hey All,

I provisionally passed my CC Exams a couple of days ago. Wanted to find out what the next certifications I should be aiming for?

Thanks in advance

16 Replies
ericgeater
Community Champion

Thanks!  I have some colleagues who are now studying for it, and I'm glad to hear the (ISC)2 study guides were useful for your pursuit.

--
"A claim is as good as its veracity."
dsanchezd
Newcomer I

Hi @sangoprime,

I was wondering the same than you, so I did some research and spoke a lot with some of my friends working full time on Information Security. I'm a Solutions Architect, so my work involves security as well, but not to the same degree.

I think that the answer depends on what you are aiming for. CompTia Security+ seems to expand on the knowledge we learned for the CC and seems like a good follow up to prepare for tougher exams. After that, the path gets a bit more complex. I'll use my example for instance.

As a Solutions Architect with a focus on Cloud Architecture, I think that in my case and given my work experience, it makes sense to focus on certificates that follow that route, so my plan is CompTia Security+, then the Cloud Alliance CCSK (Cloud Security Knowledge), then the CCSP, so I keep building up on my own experience and knowledge.

In your case depends on what you're looking for, but you could go for the SSCP, try C|EH, or go for ISACA certs. There are many paths to follow so just pick up the one you like most and go for it!

I hope this message helps!

Kind Regards

sangoprime
Newcomer I

Awesome advice. Thanks for taking the time out to reply. i do have to
really narrow down what path i need to take but I think i will go for
Cysa, then SSCP and then CISSP/CEH
dsanchezd
Newcomer I

I would really go for C|EH way before the CISSP. That one is famous for how hard it is and I wouldn't try to take it without some years of dedicated experience in Information Security. C|EH however, is seem as far easier and a good entry point for PenTesting. However, take my comments with a grain of salt, I'm new to Security certifications!

CCFMM570
Reader I

I would say continue to study and work on your skills/knowledge using platforms like ISC2, TryHackMe, Lets Defend or other platforms), and start to look for entry-level cybersecurity positions. After I passed the exam and obtained CC certification, I noticed that on LinkedIn, recruiters are sending me job offers in cybersecurity. I think you need to gain practical experience, and the best way is how to do it is by getting hired for an entry-level position. 
krn007
Viewer II

Hi Team,

I am a PMP-certified project manager and several years of work experience in Telecom; please advise on next-level cybersecurity certifications and eligibility for sitting the exam (e.g. CISSP). I have done Google's Professional Cybersecurity and ISC2 CC.

Thanks & Regards  

tankala503
Viewer II

Good to hear..
For an IT experienced professional over 15 yrs, can we start risk management and governance roles after having CC certification.
What are next certifications which can substantiate for the above mentioned roles and hierarchy