cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sangoprime
Newcomer I

Whats Next After CC

Hey All,

I provisionally passed my CC Exams a couple of days ago. Wanted to find out what the next certifications I should be aiming for?

Thanks in advance

17 Replies
ericgeater
Community Champion

First things first, congratulations!  Without delving into how much information security you had prior to this moment, my next question to you is, "What new information did you learn, and how would you apply what you learned in your current professional settings?"

If you're going to start eating this elephant (one bite at a time), where would you start? Governance?  Risk management?  Team building? Documentation?  Vulnerability management?

-----------
A claim is as good as its veracity.
shavonne64
Newcomer II

Hey 

I also want to know about it more , do not have any knowledge about this CC.

Dunkin University

luanthetran
Viewer

Any info about CC that you have, just let us know, after that I may help you more...
sangoprime
Newcomer I

Hi, thanks for replying. I have been in the IT helpdesk/support analyst roles for 6+ years. I have minimal information security experience prior to the exam. In terms of new information. I would say understanding the fundamental security framework of how businesses prepare and secure themselves from threats, day to day procedures of protecting assets, some of the policies used, patch management.

In short, after studying and passing the CC exam, coupled with my IT background it really, I have a better insight into these aspects. It helps me to be understand some of day to day tools/apps I use much more better (SCCM, Splunk, SIEM, Cloudstrike, Digital Guardian)

For now I would say Vulnerability management and risk management ( soc entry roles - use tools to monitor and alert)

sangoprime
Newcomer I

Thank you. I am not sure yet if I would further my education, but this is great information. For now, I plan to get experience by getting entry level cybersecurity roles and with that knowledge go for more certifications i.e. CISP

Guleid
Viewer II

Hi there,

I just pass my cc exam and I am looking to what is the next level after cc. I think CC is very entry-level and most organizations may look higher than CC.  I have a business background and work in the education sector. I want a career switch from Ed to Cybersecurity. It will be helpful if the community can give me some sort of advice.

Thanks

jamensah2
Newcomer I

Congratulations!!
What materials did you use?
Denyigban
Viewer II

I guess you can take CompTIA Security +. and get experience to probably take the CISSP or the CISM. Regards

sangoprime
Newcomer I

I used isc's study guide (flashcards, 5 chapters and practice exams), and Cloud Guru Amit's YouTube practice exam guide.