cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinmorrison
Viewer

CISSP Endorsement Wait

Hello all!

For those waiting on your CISSP Endorsement Review approval from ISC2, the wait will continue.  It has been over 6 weeks since my endorsement was submitted and I just received the following:

"Typically, the endorsement review process runs around 4-6 weeks; however, due to a system upgrade, we are currently running closer to 8 weeks. This could be done sooner than the 8 weeks, we just ask to allow the full time for review."

So it looks like we are all in for longer wait times post endorsement. 

Happy Waiting!!

134 Replies
chyobo
Newcomer I

@kevinmorrison wrote:

I did receive the approval on 10/18/18, so 9 weeks and 1 day. 

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

I've finally received my CCSP endorsement! Got the email about 30 mins ago. It took 7 weeks and 2 days for my application to be processed. 

Congratulations to both of you. Excellent efforts.

I think we could just wait and stop pestering the hard-working (ISC)2 admin staff. There are plenty of things we have to wait for in life: investment returns, court decisions, immigration / visa outcomes , academic journal acceptance , next pay day etc etc. Best to get busy trying to achieve more in life while waiting for the good results of previous efforts to crystallize. 

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Thank you for your congratulations, chyobo.

You are of course entitled to your opinion about patiently waiting.

However, firstly, Kevin and I simply stated our recent endorsement wait times in a thread about endorsement wait times with a view to assisting others gauge how long their applications might take - I don't see anything wrong with that.

Secondly, as a long standing, fee paying member of this organisation, I have no problem in expressing my dismay, as I have been doing recently, about the sub-optimal endorsement process, the delay to this process that was deliberately introduced by a system upgrade, and the fact that endorsement waiting times subsequent to the upgrade are continuing to increase. They're currently running at 7 weeks and 2 days when they were around 4 weeks before. Having the wait time nearly double while you're mid process with no notification is very frustrating especially if it starts to affect you financially.

In my opinion, the endorsement queue issues are symptomatic of a bigger problem, which can also be seen in the widely derided implementation of the new member portal and still not fully functional new CPE submission system - a system that fell over very recently and was down for close to a week.

There are numerous recent threads on this forum about things not working as expected, to the point it seems support are overwhelmed and aren't particularly responsive to support requests by email or phone, which is leading to a lot of dissatisfaction amongst the members.

All of the above issues are starting to affect the credibility of the organisation, which in turn could affect the credibility of its certifications, and ultimately the credibility of its members who have earned those certifications. As such, I feel I have every right to demand better and not be patient!

If we do not express our dissatisfaction with things we feel aren't working as they should be, how would the organisation know they need to improve them?

Gseagle1
Newcomer I

Glad you both got yours! I’m at the 6 week mark as of today for the CISSP.
rpieken
Newcomer I

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

I read on another forum that someone had an endorsement approved on the 16th Oct. They said it was exactly 7 weeks from application to approval. I'm at 5 1/2 weeks now so hopefully not too much longer to wait.

AlecTrevelyan, Looks like you posted about 3 weeks ago.  Did the process complete yet for you??   I am just about 5 weeks.   It is painful to wait in this instant gratification society!! 🙂  

rpieken
Newcomer I

never mind. i read the rest of the thread! Congratulations!!
danyo
Newcomer II

100% agree. We consider ISC to be an elite level especially in technology. I waited close to 6 weeks before being contacted and randomly chosen for an audit. I provided the same artifacts I uploaded including a less descriptive experience across the domains which was shortly approved. Frustrating piece was I did not receive a copy of my initial web submission nor can you view it under your account also the audit required me to provide it in a different format. These are common operational inefficiencies that plague all sorts of organizations.
Gseagle1
Newcomer I

Hi all,
I received my confirmation yesterday! Officially CISSP
chyobo
Newcomer I

@Gseagle1 wrote:
Hi all,
I received my confirmation yesterday! Officially CISSP

Well done. Sounds like 7 weeks is the expected norm at the moment.

chroma
Viewer II

It's been 8 weeks since I received my endorsement for a CCSP and I'm still waiting. Called in to see what the status was and essentially received no information other than I'm in the queue.. Smiley Frustrated

You'd think an organization like ISC2 would have a better process to both review and provide status updates.

rpieken
Newcomer I

Yikes. last posed was about 7 weeks. I'm waiting also, and it will be 7 weeks on Thursday. I need some closure on this! lol