Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor II

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Hi, Bert - welcome!

Are you aware of the existence of the Dutch Chapter of (ISC)2 (https://chapter.isc2.nl)? You can become a member for free and get early warnings about our events, newsflashes and options to earn CPE's.

If you're not a member yet, register here: https://registry.chapter.isc2.nl

--
Heinrich W. Klöpping, MSc CISSP CCSP CIPP/E SCI
Viewer II

Hi all! 

My name is Casey Criswell, I am a Security Engineer for a financial company in central Indiana.  I sat and passed my CISSP exam on 10/3 and I'm currently in the waiting period for my endorsement to finish up! 

I've been in IT for 21 years now, moved to Security about 2 years ago and love it.  Can't wait to learn more!  I have the CCSP on deck and considering a CISSP Focus in the near future.  Just haven't decided on Engineering or Architecture as of yet.

Viewer II

Hi Everyone,

My name is Mario Mendoza and I’m a CISSP as well.

I am a Cyber Security Architect for Blackbaud working within the Cyber Security Engineering department. My main focus is integrating Security for data and application migrations from legacy environments (data centers, on prem, etc) into Cloud environments, like AWS and Azure. I’ve been at Blackbaud since 2012 and it’s a fun place to work, with lots of challenges and rewards.

I’ve been in Security since 2005 and a CISSP since 2012. Over the years I’ve learned so much from multiple companies, managers, organizational departments, friends, etc., so I like sharing my knowledge with those who aren’t in our field, and I’m always trying to recruit as many people as possible to become Security experts themselves.
Viewer II

Introduce Yourself! - Simon Smith (eVestigator)

Hello everyone,
I thought I would come on by and become as member and want to say hi. I am a Cyber Security & Cyber Crime Forensic Investigator and first responder from crisis to courtroom. I often provide computer forensic opinion or evidence and am a certified Expert Witness. I have seen lots of interesting cases. I Just got some interesting cryptocurrency cases and attack cases and happy to chat. Done lots of real life cases and many are a good reminder as to the real meaning of full Cybersecurity. Would love to meet others and hear your stories.

Sincerely,

https://www.linkedin.com/in/simonsmithinvestigator
Viewer II

Hi names Ammett,

Very pleased to meet you all. Now lets see; certifications; I have a few of those (ITIL foundations, MCITP, CGEIT, CCDP, Juniper Junos, CEH, CISSP) and I am also CCIE R&S certified.

I have approximately 11+ year IT experience, I am at the point where I want to diversify my portfolio and transition out of IT networking into more coding, cloud and security.

I am here to see all the good stuff the community has to offer an hopefully gain some knowledge that I can share sometime.

Newcomer I

Hello,

I have been in the IT-Security profession for less than a year, and it has been great so far. My current credential profile consists only of a CompTIA security certification. I intend to pass my first ISC2 exam during the first half of next year, and become an Associate of ISC2. I live in northern Louisiana so there is no Chapter near me, but I would like to become more involved over time and connect with mentors in my field.

Newcomer I

Hello! I’m Matthew and I’ve been in IT for the last 18. I started out as a network and server administrator and over the years have moved into IT Infrastructure and Security Management.
Newcomer I

Re: Introduce Yourself! - Simon Smith (eVestigator)

very cool
if you ever need extra pair of hands, always looking to expand and learn.

thanks

jeff

SSCP

Newcomer I

Greetings to the ISC(2) community. 
With a background of more than 40 years of global telecommunications and systems experience in the Information Technology Security industry, it has been a pleasure to meet so many dedicated professionals in the ISC(2) community. It is especially refreshing to see how many of our organizations work together to improve the body of knowledge.  One of my current efforts related to a sister organization is as Vice President of Education for the Information Systems Security Association (Northern Virginia chapter). Members of ISC(2) have been mentoring members of ISSA and providing guidance related to CISSP studies.
Thank you to those of you in the community who participate in such efforts and many thanks to our sponsors.
From a risk perspective, I often recommend: Smile and Keep Smiling - Explore Opportunities.

Newcomer III

Hello...

Hi all,

I'm a young (at least in mind) professional, finally heading into an above-board and socially responsible security role.

I've spent the last few years mastering my trade in all things IT related- Virtualisation, Networks, VDI, Firewalls, Servers, Windows, Linux etc etc, and I have been involved with several well know, large London-Based organisations.

However, my passion is Security.

I'm particularly interested in "Hacking" (White hat only of course Smiley Wink ) and enjoy reverse engineering malware samples when I can get them safely into my quarantined lab. I'm heading for the CEH, just as soon as I can carve out some time, and eventually I'll proceed to the CISSP. I also plan on picking up the unrelated OSCP if and when I am ever ready to complete it.

I'm keen to connect with like-minded professionals, and share any insights or anecdotal experiences that I feel could benefit the community.

Can I just apologise for any poor attempts at humour that you may experience, I work alone a lot, and I need some humour to keep me just sane enough to stay in touch with the human world....