Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
savita1974
Newcomer I

here are few questions (posted by Koenig representative) , i marked answers but wanted to check

Hello all,

Here are few questions, I marked answers but I could not confirm accuracy on their answers. kindly support.

Which of the following ensures that the application’s hardware remain highly available?
a. Disk Mirroring
b. Clustering
c. RAI
d. RAIT
answer A

2. What is the advantage of digital signatures over message authentication codes?
a. Digital signature provides integrity verification while message authentication code can not
b. Digital signature provides confidentiality while message authentication code can not
c. Digital signature provides authenticity while message authentication code can not
d. Digital signature works faster than message authentication codes
Answer C

3. What is not secured in end-to-end encryption?
a. Packet payload
b. Public key
c. Packet header
d. Private key
Answer C

4. When due diligence and due care is observed it is said to be:
a. Prudent person rule
b. Proactive approach
c. Negligence
d. Reactive approach
Answer A

5. Which of the following algorithms can be used for Kerberos encryption
a. DSA
b. RSA
c. DES
d. ECC

Answer B

6. Which of the following provide isolation between subjects and objects?
a. Reference monitor kernel
b. Security monitor kernel
c. Trusted computing base
d. Security kernel
Answer:??

7. What is the purpose of using Secure Hash Algorithm in virtual private networks?
a. Authentication
b. Key validation
c. Integrity
d. Encryption
Answer??

8. Which of the following documents has optional statements?
a. Policy
b. Regulation
c. Baseline
d. Guideline
Answer: d

9. Which of the following glass type you will use for windows opening at street level
a. Tempered glass
b. Wired glass
c. Laminated glass
d. Bullet resistant glass
Answer: C

10. If an IDS runs a script on firewall to block an attacking address, what type of control it is?
a. Corrective
b. Preventive
c. Detective
d. Compensating
Answer: A

6 Replies
rslade
Influencer II

Right.

@savita1974 wrote:

Here are few questions, I marked answers but I could not confirm accuracy on their answers. kindly support.

Support?  No way am I going to support most of these questions.  Most of them are badly written.

Go look at some decent questions.

Which of the following ensures that the application’s hardware remain highly available?
a. Disk Mirroring
b. Clustering
c. RAI
d. RAIT
answer A

Without being more specific about "available," either a, b, or d could be correct.  Of them, I would say, based on the (sloppy) wording of the question, that b would be the best answer.

2. What is the advantage of digital signatures over message authentication codes?
a. Digital signature provides integrity verification while message authentication code can not
b. Digital signature provides confidentiality while message authentication code can not
c. Digital signature provides authenticity while message authentication code can not
d. Digital signature works faster than message authentication codes
Answer C

OK, b and d are wrong, so we can throw them out.  But, again, the question is badly written, and doesn't give you much to choose between a and c.  Except that c, if you don't get more specific about what type of "authenticity" you want, is also wrong.  MAC can provide authenticity; it's just weaker than a digital signature (if the signature is done properly).

3. What is not secured in end-to-end encryption?
a. Packet payload
b. Public key
c. Packet header
d. Private key
Answer C

OK, c is the correct answer.

Where did you find these questions?  They're really bad.  I'm not wasting any more time on them ...

Other posts: https://community.isc2.org/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/1324864413

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
CISOScott
Community Champion

Also what did you hope to find out by making this post? Did you disagree with the answers so you want help in understanding why you got them wrong (a most helpful study tactic)? Did you wonder if they were poorly worded (as @rslade so correctly pointed out)? Were the answers provided your answers (and you were wanting to know if you were correct) or were they the quiz provider's answers (and you wanted to know if they were correct)?

I guess I'm just a little confused on how we are to help you without a little more info?

Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

The questions are not as well written as they could be:

Q1. Nothing ensures availability.  Measures are likely to simply increase availability if properly designed/implemented.  If incorrectly implemented they can decrease availability.  

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
savita1974
Newcomer I

Hi Steve,

These posted questions answers are not provided by quiz owner. Based on my understanding, I marked answers. I posted as wanted to validate their correctness.

Thanks

Savita

dcontesti
Community Champion

@savita1974 Where are you getting these questions from?  Not sure who or what koenig refers to.

They are very poorly written and if you are studying for either the SSCP or CISSP or any (ISC)2 exam, I do not believe they are representative.

d

Shannon
Community Champion

@dcontesti wrote:

@savita1974 Where are you getting these questions from?  Not sure who or what koenig refers to.

They are very poorly written and if you are studying for either the SSCP or CISSP or any (ISC)2 exam, I do not believe they are representative.

d

I believe it's the organization 'Koenig Solutions,' which provides IT training. (Not that I believe the questions are well written.)

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz