Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Welcome to the SSCP Study Group

Welcome to the SSCP Certification Study Group. 

This is an open discussion forum for those studying for the SSCP certification.This forum provides an opportunity to connect with others preparing for the exam. Please follow all Community Guidelines regarding usage of this group, including adhering to the exam confidentiality policy. 

View our Community Usage Policies and Guidelines.

Adhere to (ISC)² Exam Confidentiality

1. Discussing (ISC)² examination items, answers and responses with other individuals is a violation of the (ISC)² Examination Non-Disclosure Agreement that is signed prior to taking an (ISC)² examination. Any posts related to this will be removed, and users found to be in violation may face penalties.
  2. General discussions about exams that do not share specific exam items are permissible. We encourage Community members to help candidates prepare themselves for success and share their own experiences without disclosing any information that could compromise the integrity of the exam process.

ISC2 Community Manager
24 Replies
ROVALE009
Viewer

Thanks for this collaboration space
Deetrain
Newcomer I

I am a new member of isc2 that’s about to embark on the SSCP certification journey. I have been studying for a while to take the CISSP exam, but decided to change focus since I do not have the required experience and can only obtain the isc2 associate designation. I have never obtained a computer job; although my undergrad is information systems. Nevertheless, because of education I will receive 1 year credit towards the CISSP designation. That will definitely not help me reach my goal of obtaining a position in IT or the CISSP designation. So, now I’m focused on the SSCP certification in hopes it will help me achieve my goal. I truly need help in my studies and would appreciate any guidance. Thanks!
Deetrain
Newcomer I

Does any one know the best way to study for the exam?
Patience
Newcomer I

Hello Andreax,

I am new on this forum. I just took the CC exam and passed. I want to proceed with SSCP and want to find out if I can pay for just the certification examination without paying for the self-paced training?

Kindly advise how to go about it.

Many Thanks,
Patience
Patience
Newcomer I

Sorry for the typo on your name.
Kaity
Community Manager

Hello @Patience! Yes, you can register for the SSCP - or any (ISC)² exam - whenever you would like. You do not need to take training from us in order to sit for the test. 

Best of luck and congrats on passing the CC!!

Patience
Newcomer I

Thanks Kaity for your swift response.

One more clarification.

I am running an MSc in Cyber Security and set to graduate in June 2023. I am currently on internship and working as a Cyber Security Intern since July 2022. I have previously worked as an IT Application Support Lead and handled Incident management, BCP and DRP for all applications managed by me for several years. Incident response and recovery is one of the domain covered in SSCP.

Do you think these facts are sufficient for the one year work experience to qualify for the SSCP certification?

Many thanks
Patience
jesusespinoza
Viewer II

Thank you for this information!!! really helpfull!!
jesusespinoza
Viewer II

🙂