Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Welcome to the SSCP Study Group

Welcome to the SSCP Certification Study Group. 

This is an open discussion forum for those studying for the SSCP certification.This forum provides an opportunity to connect with others preparing for the exam. Please follow all Community Guidelines regarding usage of this group, including adhering to the exam confidentiality policy. 

View our Community Usage Policies and Guidelines.

Adhere to (ISC)² Exam Confidentiality

1. Discussing (ISC)² examination items, answers and responses with other individuals is a violation of the (ISC)² Examination Non-Disclosure Agreement that is signed prior to taking an (ISC)² examination. Any posts related to this will be removed, and users found to be in violation may face penalties.
  2. General discussions about exams that do not share specific exam items are permissible. We encourage Community members to help candidates prepare themselves for success and share their own experiences without disclosing any information that could compromise the integrity of the exam process.

ISC2 Community Manager
27 Replies
franklim1990
Newcomer III

Welcome OG, how far into the material have you gotten
chamar
Newcomer I

I have been working on the study questions from the ISC2 test bank. I have done 4 domains so far I have three more to go. Then I can see where I need to focus 1st.

franklim1990
Newcomer III

I have read chapter one of the SSCP CBK Reference book, took the official chapter one practice test, worked throught he notecards for chapter 1, and I have went through the learnzapp assessment test. Also I have been using audiobooks free from the library hoopla app to study other fields. I have been through a few hundred podcasts over various topics relating to cyber security. I have found alternative free courses online including databricks, securiti, intel, and cisco. I have hundreds of webpages bookmarked. I signed up for new perimeters magazine. I have a list of books I have read related to cyber security. I have joined a couple dozen of groups. I am attending free web seminars. I do not work in the field. I am communicating with many colleges.

Lowveldrider
Viewer II

How do I access the practice exam tests?

chamar
Newcomer I

I am using the ISC2 test book I bought it from amazon.

franklim1990
Newcomer III

Mike Chapple works very hard. Though I recommended him put together a new edition. The tests seem a little "hurried". I would like to log any input or improvements you might recommend.

franklim1990
Newcomer III

Downloading the notecards would be my first go to for practice. Its free. But you can just search SSCP or ISC2 on google store. Also you can purchase the book on discount with an ISC2 membership I believe.

franklim1990
Newcomer III

X.1252 : Baseline identity management terms and definitions (itu.int)

Not trying to stack too much on top of the material but the graphic included on this ITU document is a visual aid for access control.