cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

(ISC)² Self-Study Resources for SSCP

Textbooks, Study Guides, Apps and More

From traditional textbooks and study guides to more contemporary tools, such as interactive flash cards and study apps, we have a training and study resource that’s right for you and will fit into your busy schedule.

https://www.isc2.org/Training/Self-Study-Resources

ISC2 Community Manager
8 Replies
samir_ameen
Viewer II

Hi

I have purchased official ISC2 SSCP Study Guide -Second Edition, this comes with 20 questions on each domain and Wiley's give 450 online question banks, i can see another qustion bank 'Official ISC2 SSCP Practice Tests', it says it has 700+Questions.

My Doubts are

Exam questions in official ISC2 SSCP Study Guide  Second Edition and Official ISC2 SSCP Practice Tests are same?

Is it worth to buy Official ISC2 SSCP Practice Tests'?

JoeBuilder
Newcomer I

Hello Andrea.

I have been using the (ISC)2 SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner Official Study Guide, 2nd Edition.

I generally like the format of the book, but some of the answers to the review questions are not clear, and in my view don't make sense.

Is there any way for me to get feedback from the author, or publisher.  I will give one example:

JoeBuilder_0-1618809325885.png

My answer was #1, but the official answer is 3.  I do not understand how decryption comes before encryption.  Most of the online research seems to support my understanding.

Please help me here.  I have been studying for the last three months, and I've also noticed that other forum users are saying the answers for the exam are vague.

ROVALE009
Viewer

Hello. I review tools and have a question about this kits.

1. The SSCP App is recommended for ISC2 with 2.8 of review of use?

2. What is the ultimate version of Study Guide, Test and CBK?

Regards

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@JoeBuilder 

Since(ISC)² does not author this book, we would recommend that you submit a case to Wiley Customer Service for assistance.

https://support.wiley.com/s/ > Contact Support > Submit a Case

ISC2 Community Manager
clydebuilt1974
Viewer II

Hi Andrea.

I am a bit confused regarding study material. I am looking at the latest SSCP certification exam outline (https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/Exam-Outlines/2021/SSCP-Exam-Outline-English-Nov-20...) and have the 5th edition of the SSCP CBK reference but the outline doesn't match up with the CBT.

For example, in Domain 3 the exam outline states:

3.3 Participate in security assessment and vulnerability management activities
» Security testing
» Risk review (e.g., internal, supplier, architecture)
» Vulnerability management lifecycle

There is no matching section in the CBT. I can find snippets of information that may be relevant but surely the exam should map directly to the CBT? Can this be clarified please?

Thanks,

Andy
csjohnng
Community Champion

@clydebuilt1974 

I guess you mention CBT is referring to CBK

You can see obviously see  5th edition of the SSCP CBK was published  in December 2019, so at the time of writing, it's very likely responding to the SSCP exam outline effective date in 2018.

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/Exam-Outlines/SSCP-Exam-Outline-Nov-1-2018.ashx

ISC2 will update the exam according to the skill required, hence the 5th edition (written/public in 2019) may not reflect the "future" exam outline in 2021.

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/Exam-Outlines/2021/SSCP-Exam-Outline-English-Nov-20...

Also ISC2 exam are to skill map. it's written "Study Guide or CBK" to be adjusted accordingly.

John
clydebuilt1974
Viewer II

Hi John, thanks for the response.

Yes, that was a typo - CBT was meant to be CBK.

So if the SSCP exam objectives do not match the CBK then where would a prospective exam taker find this missing information?  I've looked online and found nothing and am struggling to see how this relates to real world experience as it's a bit fluffy.

I'm concerned that I will be missing information for the exam, or should I instead focus on the 2018 exam objectives?

Also, can you elaborate on what you mean by "Also ISC2 exam are to skill map. it's written "Study Guide or CBK" to be adjusted accordingly" please?

Many thanks,

Andy

csjohnng
Community Champion

@clydebuilt1974 

Fully understand your concern.

It's not un-common. I take ISSAP and ISSEP as an example

• CISSP-ISSAP, the Official (ISC)2® Guide to the ISSAP® CBK ((ISC)2 Press) is back in 2013.
  • CISSP-ISSEP, the official study guide has been remove from the ISSEP study resource (because it's so old"). Official (ISC)2® Guide to the CISSP®-ISSEP® CBK® ((ISC)2 Press) 1st Edition, it's written back in 2005.

The new exam will be effective from "November 2021", so you still have some time. I make the booking of exam on the Aug 2 and I took the exam on the Aug 14th.

Else you can wait till the update domain with the new adjustment, if you are in the industry your knowledge should be up to date, so should not worry too much.

So it's really up to your knowledge and your own schedule and pace.

ISC2 will have survey and ask existing certified holders for any skill update and map the require skill for SSCP and reflect those "essential" skill and make adjustment or update the exam accordingly.

Once the exam domain and skill update has been announced/confirmed.

Commercial side, writers may update the material (depend if they see this is an opportunity, writers write book not just for fun but still need to cover the cost of their time and make some profit that would be great).

For example if I am a writer of the study guide or CBK, I prefer to update CISSP (total member: 149174) study guide than SSCP (total member: 6503) because there are more simple "demands" in CISSP. (that is also why you see the material in the concentration is less up-to-date, they are even less 2-3k members)

So it's a basic demand and supply question on the Study guide or CBK update version.

John