Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeBuilder
Newcomer I

Self Study resources - what is the best?

The study method that works best for me is read a chapter, and then doing questions related to that chapter.

I am using these resources:

Does anyone here have other recommendations?

JoeBuilder_0-1625483417711.png

JoeBuilder_2-1625483549605.png

JoeBuilder_1-1625483468682.png

JoeBuilder_3-1625483623912.png

2 Replies
JohnSmith
Newcomer I

If you have no experience in the field of information security, it is really important for you to understand everything and watch videos if you do not understand by reading theoretically. If you have some experience or lots of it, don’t be overconfident. The exam tests your understanding of all these domains and it is rare that you are an expert in all these domains.

North
Viewer

Hi Joe,

I purchased the CBK book and the Practice Tests workbook as well.   Additionally I viewed the SSCP video series by Mike Chappel (Co-Author of the Test workbook) on LinkedIn Learning.   There are 7 videos, one for each domain.

I took all of the domain quizzes and the two practice tests from the workbook to get comfortable with the way questions will be phrased.  You have to manually score them yourself, but it gave me great insight into what domains I had to spend additional time studying.

The last tool that I used was the free Flash Cards available through ISC2 Store.  These were really helpful as well.  They have several different "games" you can play with the flashcards.  I used the "Memory" and "Learn" sub games to help retain the material in the Books.   

I'm a visual and tactile learner so the videos and the flashcards were really beneficial to me.

Side-note:  I took my SSCP exam 4 days ago and passed on the first try using these tools.   I took three weeks to prepare.   My professional background is:  1st year Security Engineer with a B.S in IT.

Hope this helps!  GOOD LUCK!
North.