Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterjdebruijn
Newcomer I

getting a response frommember support

I am trying to get my endorsement process started correctly and have asked for support @membersupportemea@isc2.org and membersupport@isc2.org but get the impression the mails are not read.

they are not in de spam folder

Any suggestions on how to get a response.

6 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

The most effective way right now is to call them, and keep trying until you speak with someone directly instead of leaving a voicemail and expecting a call back.

What is it you need to know about the endorsement process? We have many knowledgeable people here on the community that can probably help you.

peterjdebruijn
Newcomer I

Thanks for the response.

My problem is that I wanted to fill out the form, for the associate status, when theexam result had not been processes. I got an error at the begining of the form and left the form.

Now it says I already have a request for the associate status and can't request a new one.

The first one has no relevant information in it, as I was not allowed enter anything to due to the error.

I had hoped on some response from them,

This is kind of a disapointing experience.

I will see if they react to phone calls

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I saw a very similar issue to this being reported here by someone else, but can't find the exact thread. I do remember the official response was that they should email "programs@isc2.org" who are the team responsible for the endorsement process and explain the issue to them.

Here's a different thread (to the one I was thinking of) advising the same course of action and confirms the programs team are the people to speak to about endorsement issues - hopefully they'll be more responsive than the general member support mailbox:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/Forgot-to-add-second-domain-to-endorsement-application/...

rslade
Influencer II

> AlecTrevelyan (Contributor III) posted a new reply in Member Support

> The most effective way right now is to call them, and keep trying until you
> speak with someone directly instead of leaving a voicemail and expecting a call
> back.

Oh, I know a *much* more effective way to get a response than that ...

(I recently had a problem with our cable service, and had a service call. The service guy, knowing how long the wait times are, was asking how I got a service call so quickly. I told him that I never call the service/support number: I just publicly post my problem on their account on Twitter. The response time is much faster than waiting on hold on the phone ...)

Other posts: https://community.isc2.org/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/1324864413

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I'm not a Twitter user, but I've just had a look on the ISC2 feed and can see people have been using the tactic of shaming them on there about the lack of response from member support through other channels, and being bumped up the queue through doing that.

I also see the phrase "higher than normal volumes" being used a lot by ISC2 on there when talking about support requests going unanswered. Seems to me these higher than normal volumes have been ongoing for the last 9 months or more (pretty much however long ago the digital transformation started), so doesn't that now make them the normal volumes? For which they should really have the staffing levels to be able to cope by now! (Or they could try fixing the issues and reduce the volumes back down to previous levels.)

peterjdebruijn
Newcomer I

I kind of hate the public shaming thing but I am sure it will work.

One would hope that ISC2 had a higher standard than that.

I also have seen the problems others have in reaching them.

I have just shot an Email to the "programs@isc2.org as suggested by someone, if that does not get a response I will go public as I think the phone option should not be required in this century.

Thanks all for helping