Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bvoris
Newcomer II

WGU transcript

I've reached out to member support 3 times with only a single response.

I need Member Support to provide my transcript for WGU.

My original email was sent 6/10/2020

ISC2 member support responded 6/11/2020 but did not include the attachment that they said was attached.

I've emailed them on 6/11/2020, 6/16/2020 and 6/18/2020 this is holding up my addmision.

6 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

@Bvoris wrote:

I've reached out to member support 3 times with only a single response.

I need Member Support to provide my transcript for WGU.

My original email was sent 6/10/2020

ISC2 member support responded 6/11/2020 but did not include the attachment that they said was attached.

I've emailed them on 6/11/2020, 6/16/2020 and 6/18/2020 this is holding up my addmision.

@AndreaMoore  or @tonyshiver should be able to assist.

Once you start at WGU please keep us posted on your program. I find their approach to working adult education an excellent change from traditional schools.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
tonyshiver
Contributor II

@Bvoris I am discouraged to hear that you have not received responses to your multiple inquiries.  I will investigate this with my team.

As for the information you need for WGU, there are several ways you should self-serve this:

1. If WGU simply needs to verify your certification with (ISC)2, they should do that themselves using our verification tool.  https://www.isc2.org/MemberVerification

2. If WGU wants a copy of your certificate, you can generate, download and share a digital copy from your member portal.

3. If WGU wants a transcript of CPEs you've earned, you can download and share a copy from the CPE section of your member portal.

NOTE: (ISC)2 Member Services does not send to WGU any certificates or CPE transcripts on behalf of members.

For questions or issues related to candidate/member services, please contact: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.
Bvoris
Newcomer II

Thanks Tony, unfortunately WGU wants some level of artifact sent from ISC2.

I cannot send them my certification, transcript or have them verify manually.

I know other students who've been helping me with my selection and process who've had the same complaint.

Reaching out to member support to get transcripts or support in general has been less than stellar.

Kayeaux
Viewer II

I am in the exact same situation.  I reached out on Oct 15th, received the automated reply that my request will be addressed within two business days, and as of today (Oct 21st) neither WGU or I have received anything.  I haven't even received communication requesting additional information.  I just sent a second request, but I'm not optimistic.

Sadly, transcripts for education need to come from the source.  It's entirely too easy to doctor reports and if they're going to give you credit for something they want to ensure it's factual.  I know -- there are other ways ensure non-repudiation, but that's how colleges handle it.

I would say that, "less than stellar," would sum up my experience as well.  Did you ever come to a resolution?

tonyshiver
Contributor II

@Kayeaux I are sorry for the inconvenience and understand your frustration.  (ISC)2 has been in contact with WGU to establish a proper process since we don't provide "transcripts" or verification letters on behalf of candidates or members.  

Fortunately, you can self-serve and send the following documentation to WGU:

1. If WGU simply needs to verify your certification with (ISC)2, they should do that themselves using our verification tool.  https://www.isc2.org/MemberVerification

2. If WGU wants a copy of your certificate, you can generate, download and share a digital copy from your member portal.

3. If WGU wants a transcript of CPEs you've earned, you can download and share a copy from the CPE section of your member portal.

Tony Shiver

Manager, Member Services

For questions or issues related to candidate/member services, please contact: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.
Kayeaux
Viewer II

Tony,

I appreciate the reply.  Fortunately, collecting this documentation and then forwarding it to the appropriate email address was allowed and my certifications have been accepted.  So, to sum up, I performed the following

1. Download all certificates as previously mentioned (Certificate Copy, Previous & Current CPE Export)
  2. Email directly to Admissions Advisor & Provided Email

Since they accepted them, I suppose I have little to complain about other than the process.  With that said, it's good to know that it's being worked and will be ironed out for future students.