Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netzwerg
Viewer II

Updated CPE Portal & Annual requirements

I just jumped on the portal to submit some CPE requests for podcasts.  It appears that the portal has a glitch that doesn't recognise that means it doesn't remove the 250-500 word "book review" requirement for the podcasts, which makes it quite painful to submit the request.  I have also found that if you are too close to either end (250 or 500), it glitches and tells you you haven't reached the 250-500 word limit.

248 Replies
MarkyMark
Newcomer II

There's been issues since this new portal was released. Not to mention that the interface is just horrible. 

I had some issues early on. Albeit I've not had to enter any CPE's for a few weeks.

My biggest issue is that there isn't any logic to how it's currently sorted (or the ability to re-sort). So if I'm looking to see if a recent CPE was added, I basically have to search for "2018" in my browser, then sift through the results and see if the one in question has been added. 

I did find that some of the Brighttalk ones have been added. Of course, it took so long, I added it myself, and then realized a few were duplicates (what i added, then what was automatically added). Again, if they listed it chronologically, it would be easy to spot these and delete the duplicates.

I know I did get some responses in the past about them still working on it. Hopefully they'll add some enhancements sooner than later to make life a bit easier. Especially when we are paying a lot of money (relatively speaking) as members. 

dsweetman
Viewer II

I get the following message when I attempt to view/edit CPE's

An internal server error has occurred Error ID: 450496485-31326 (119852647)

amandavanceISC2

Thank you all for your comments. Please know, we are aware of the SSO/SAML and internal errors and are working to get these resolved. If you are receiving an error that you have met the maximum for submitting CPEs, this is probably because you are in your 90-day grace period. If so, please send me an email with your member ID number and primary email address on file and I will provide you with instructions.

Regarding the CPE view/transcripts, these are being updated in the coming weeks. We will soon have the CPE view back as a list, in date order and will include the CPE submission details.

Please also feel free to reach out to me if you have submitted CPEs and are not seeing them in your account.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

avance@isc2.org

albert_t
Newcomer I

I too have just experienced exactly this.

three other points:

(1) I would like to see a wizard option for "Podcasts, Webinars ..." for non-security.  I note that one of my automatic group B credits from ISC2 webcasts  was tagged as this correctly.

(2) The wizard's data entry fields allow for quite long titles, review comments etc.  These are truncated or do not appear on the CPE listings.  Will there be an option to have all data entered displayed?

(3) Personal view - I don't like the wizard (especially when it doesn't give all the options that are apparently valid) 

DougP
Newcomer I

It doesn't seem to me like this is being the proper priority for such a critical component of the ISC site.  If I managed an IT migration this poorly, I'd be looking for a new employer.  The quality and frequency of updates to the client base has been lacking as well. Come on ISC, we expect and deserve better.

Doug Pentek, CISSP
eparedes_214
ISC2 Team

Hi Doug, my sincere apologies for this inconvenience.  The "internal server error" was resolved a few days ago, but from this post, I assume that you have just gone in today and still see the same error message, correct?  I would like to get more details from you on this that will be most helpful for us in troubleshooting.  Can you send me an email message at eparedes@isc2.org with a screenshot of the error message you are receiving? know it's been a challenge, and I do send my apologies on behalf of ISC2.  I'd like to work with you more on resolving this issue.  Thanks and I look forward to your email.

DougP
Newcomer I

Email sent with screenshot.  Still getting the error.  Chrome on Mac, both latest.  Cleared cache, etc, login/logout, all the normal troubleshooting 101 done.  It's probably still something on your end.

Doug Pentek, CISSP
eparedes_214
ISC2 Team

Thank you Doug! I will send this over to our developer.  Appreciate your patience in working with us.

Beth

amandavanceISC2

@albert_t Thank you for your feedback! I will bring your suggestions to management for review. To confirm, we are working on a few updates to the portal which include updating the CPE listings view. This will soon be in date order and include the name of the submission.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Rika
Newcomer I

Despite attaching evidence and all necessary information is filled in CPE application,
some CPE applications have been staying as "Pending CPE" in the field of  "CPE that need attention" for several weeks.
Are there members who are experiencing like this condition?